livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, still no soda. and found a place to get raw honey. finaly got hubby thinking more about "real" food instead of procesed junk.

still doing good with the guinea pigs sold a couple more. and set the rest up for breeding. and have a list with 11 names for a waiting list (some are def prego). waiting list for rats, and just thinking about advertising the baby hamsters.

got a sale to set up at a week from sunday. going to see what all we have to take...

they were calling for thunderstorms today, but just got some sprinkles so far.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hubby had his health check yesterday. he got his butt chewed! the doctor finaly looked at him and told him that he had 3 futures 1 heart attack, 2 stroke, 3 death. then when he said "well i did quite drinking soda" the doctor told him he was ok to drink all the soda he wants as long as its diet. :somad realy? in the few days since he quit drinking soda he lost 4 pounds! so he left the dr office and got a soda. but i got him back off of it now. then they got his bloodwork back and the doctor called him and chewed him again. his sugar average is 315 over the last 3 months.

on a good note, the weather was super nice today. i tied the goats out. and i got some of the yard picked up. tomarow is supposed to be nice too!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Oh yeah, let's drink all the soda we want to lose weight. I think I would have chewed the doctor out, especially since his sugar level was so high!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Perhaps it is time to find another doctor? I sure as heck would!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me to...
my dr told me i could have a diet soda ONCE in a while, only if i was realy craving one...and only a small...and i find myself now only drinking anything fiy if it a special occasion (ie at a friends house)
but they are addictive. good for him for kicking that habit, bad on the dr for giving him a window to slip bck through! sounds like you got it in hand though :)

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
still no soda for me and dh is only drinking a couple cans a day. which is MUCH less than he was drinking. and he has been walking a little each day. so if we can keep this up...

the animal swap starts this sunday. cant wait! i have 2 closed pet stores that are having me take some leftover inventory up for them and i get a % of what i sell. got some baby hamsters and some guinea pigs to go up.along with some leftover horse tack of mine. i hope the weather holds!

Latest posts