livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we were supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow, we have gotten nutthin but rain! the kids are dissapointed!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, they called school off anyway. kids are happy. no school till jan 2nd! still no snow. :hu people 15 miles north of us have had snow for over an hour. they are still saying blizzard today. leaving everyone in today.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well it started snowing @ 10 AM. AND WOW IS IT BLOWING!!!!!!! my feet are frozen, and i feel congested. yuck. they are calling for a possable low of -5 :ep what the heck??? a couple days ago i was wearing a light jacket. goats didnt even come out of the shelter today, cant say i blame them!! (but we did put a bunch of hay in there last night.)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wow - all I can say is WOW! I can't even imagine weather like that. However, for our little part of Texas it has been a really blustery day! We were awakened at 3am from all the wind. Our weather station said we had windspeeds o fnear 40mph. Blew down part of my neighbors fence.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We're supposed to get wind and rain tonight. I'm glad it's not the snow!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the snow isnt the main problem. it is the blowing. it started raining at @ 6 last night and rained like cats and dogs all night, thunder and lightning. it was supposed to turn to snow last night. i would hate to see the accumulation if it did! i dont think it rained like that all summer! we need the moisture though. the roads here are bad, and there have been TONS of wrecks. with the wind the way it has been it has overturned several semis. my cousin had to drive to st. louis and pick up her son who is on leave from the army, a 4 hr drive took them closer to 8. but they are on their way home now.

and it is dh birthday today. he had to work. :( he also has to work christmas and new years day this year. i did make his favorite for dinner- chili. he can have some when he gets home.
i dont know if i ever posted what he does. he works for a privet boarding school for troubled kids-drugs, gangs, school, ect. he works 16 hr days. 7 out of every 14 days. for a time i worked there also (5yrs) in the kitchen. i have been asked to come back but... he loves working there. he loves feeling that he has helped them. 2 of "his boys" came back to work with him, and a few others come back to visit him a couple times a year.
he gets to bring a few to the farm a couple times a year, wow, big bad- city boy- gang bangers, and then you show them how to gather eggs, or the reason the pigs are named bacon and chops. or you let them sit on the pony-(the ones that arent too afrade) lol. or the best- last year when they were bottle feeding the baby goats. and they had fun learning some about the garden this year.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can understand about your DH loving his job. I work with kids also - a lot of them troubled. We've had kids in our program who were homeless, abused - both physically and sexually, poorer than poor and any manner of other problems that you could think of. It is such a rewarding job to see them progress. I've also brought some to my place and to see the look on their face when a pig eats out of their hand, or they find a hidden egg.... it's priceless!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's why I do 4-H, have taught Sunday School, coached little league, etc. I'm always hoping that I can help kids B4 they go down the wrong path.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
unfortunitly these kids were ALL well on their way down the wrong path before they got here. :(

delivered the last of the goodie boxes today!
4137_004.jpg