Living without a dryer

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee um... not surprisingly, Mar, thats not the first time i've heard that today!

in my defense it WAS getting dark and the sheets had been out there a long time.

here's another objection that i have to this whole thing - so by the time i got out there i was dripping with sweat so then i had just "ruined" the clean sheets.

i think i just get an F- on the whole affair.

ps hee hee hee i should have said "Nicholas the cat" hee hee hee

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My goodness I almost peed my pants after the superman cape comment. :gig

My favorite (not!) about drying on the line was that things would look DIRTY sometimes from the line itself or the clothes pins or from being dropped as I was collecting it on the line.

I love having a clothesline for things that CANNOT be dried in the dryer, but in my climate, they just don't work out. I did find that after things were half dry, re-hanging them in a different position would help the stiffness and there IS an art to hanging clothes on the line. Try to just catch the tips of the cloth more than drape them over the line and it dries more evenly and don't try to crowd them. My tendency was to just flop things over the line as quick as possible and slap some pins there, but that doesn't make for a very nice load of wash.

I also did not like at ALL the thought of pollen settling on my clothing all day and would dry certain things such as pillowcases and such inside.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Cheapest dryer in the store...? Who cares if HE or SHE bought it....LOL...I love drying my clothes for free.I take full advantage of my woodstove in the winter,and love clothes hanging all over the place...! And on the clothes line in te summer.I don't "gotta have a dryer" lol Doesn't bother me all, cause i'm not giving the electric or gas companies additional money.So when i see clothes drying all around my house in the winter, i see saving money, not worried about whats currently correct or what drives me crazy....lol I have a dryer, but rarely use it, less is better....:)

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Freeze dry...hehehe. Winter is when I can hang my clothes, without breaking a sweat and needing a glass of lemonaid afterwards. You poor people. I have a few indoor clothes lines in the bedrooms for hurricane season. It would stink if your clothes line is lying under a tree.
I insist on using the line now because it is plenty hot enough without putting on the gas dryer.
Sorry you were forced into using a line though. You will come up with something before it freezes, I'm sure.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
rhoda-bruce...lol....does freeze dry really work...? When you get the clothes in the house and they warm up ,from being out of the freezing weather,they are actually dry..? School me...!!! lol