Look what came from the dump!!--made the first totebag

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
This afternoon, DH came in with a huge garbage bag slung over his back like a June Santa Clause. One of the guys (Roger) that works for him found this stuff at the dump. He knows that I like to sew.

This is what was in it:
177_materialpiled.jpg
177_materialstacked.jpg

There are 15 different Native American patterns 24" x 36".

The bright colors are Microsuede. There are 2 different sizes, 10" x 36" and 18" x 36".

I think it is all upholstery fabric.

I have totes in mind for the Native American patterns, plus maybe a dog bed since I had to run my dog off them 3 times while I was stacking.

The bright colors would make great purses with a few embellishments added, like rhinestones or something.

The first thing I'm going to make is a tote for Roger's wife. ;)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Cool Score!! :celebrate

My wife would have KILLED me if I had let something like that get away!!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great score. I never understood why people don't post things like that on Freecycle or Craiglist.

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:woot Punkin what a GREAT SCORE :woot

I would have been :ya with joy if that would have been brought through my door too :clap

I too don't understand this throw away additatude???? When something as good as that can be reused ??? Some folks just don't have any thought of value :th

You have some very Cool Ideas, I would myself love a tote and I am sure Roger's wife will love you making her one. :love That is a wonderful thought :hugs you might even think of some chair cushions too... ;)

:thumbsup

:frow Karan :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow Punkin...you hit the JP!! Way to go! I think someone deserves a SUPER nice dinner...or cobbler! ;)