Look what my husband found!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I love my buffs but haven't had one get broody. Probably a good thing since I only hatch roosters here. :rolleyes:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
How cute. One of the reason I keep chickens is I love the babies.

Anyone thats looking for hens that go broody on a regular basis needs a few silkie hens. I keep them just to hatch eggs. Well that and because they are so cute. I only have 5 silkies but at least 2 are always broody.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! So cute!

I have a broody Araucana sitting on two eggs in my garage! :lol: She's only been there a week, we gave her a bantam (mille fleur) egg and an egg from our RIR. We only have one roo, a bantam as well, so it feels kinda like Christmas is coming!

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the two so far. One of them is hiding in the back. Notice the extra egg? I've actually caught this particular hen moving eggs from one nest box to another before by holding them "between her knees" and scooting along the edge. Perhaps she thought that the four I gave her weren't enough?
1204_004.jpg

papas34

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Jamsoundsgood said:
Here's a picture of the two so far. One of them is hiding in the back. Notice the extra egg? I've actually caught this particular hen moving eggs from one nest box to another before by holding them "between her knees" and scooting along the edge. Perhaps she thought that the four I gave her weren't enough?
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/1204_004.jpg
Maybe now we know what happens to all those missing socks:lol::lol::lol: