Looking for Land to Homestead?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I see how expensive land is in most of the US, and I just thought that I'd pass along a Craigslist ad that shows what is available in northern Arkansas if you take the time to look. I'm not connected with this land in any way, I'm just passing it along FWIW.

40 +- acres

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There's three important factors when concidering real estate, and those are location, location and location. I've seen properties that ran from $2700 an acer to well over $10,000 an acer in my state. It's all just of a matter of where it's located and what's near by.

sonjab314

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I would love to get my hands on about 80 acres. I think that would be just about the right size for me and my family. We would have plenty of land to work and some to play with too. Until then, I'll keep pushing my half acre.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have seen the same great deals in another state. Which I will not name because don't want all of you to buy it up before I get there. :tongue The land is running about 2,000 per acre sometimes less. I think everything is relative, cheaper land usually means less jobs available. But for us folks who long to be SS it sounds like a dream come true!!!

when can I move?????????????????? :hit

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
KOxxx............what is the terrain like around that part of Arkansas?
Availability of well water?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We are in the foothills of the Ozarks. Mostly gently rolling, with not too much in the way of big hills, like there are in the actual Ozarks.

Well water is generally fairly easy to locate. There are also quite a few springs in this area also. Our well is 60ft deep, and we have good water. I have a friend that lives on a ridge and his well is 185 ft deep, but that seems to be the extreme around here.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
In the pat I've found land for under 1000 an acre, but you had to buy more than 50 acres. And yeah, it was in a BFE location, there was nobody and nothing there. Nice if I won the lottery maybe, but in my present situation not doable.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
mamagoose said:
In the past I've found land for under 1000 an acre, but you had to buy more than 50 acres. And yeah, it was in a BFE location, there was nobody and nothing there. Nice if I won the lottery maybe, but in my present situation not doable.