Looking for Vinegar Mother

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Never knew it was that simple! It's almost cider time, so I just might have to try that. Wonder where I can get a bunch of crocks like that for super cheap?

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Probably in NeverNever Land, LOL. Even the ones in the thrift stores ain't "thrifty". Food grade plastic buckets are pretty easy to find, though...I have several I use as primary fermenters for mead, so I think I'll maybe use one of them. I'm thinking maybe some strawberry vinegar? Hmmm....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use basically the same method. No stir. I have a huge mother now. I think it had an affair with my kombucha. :lol: I usually just use a gallon glass jar. I put a cloth napkin over the top with a rubber band. Any apples that don't get eaten go in a pile. When I have enough they get juiced. Then I strain what in the gallon jug and start again.

g

FranklinStreetWest

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I tried this method.... I found a "health/vitamin" store that happened to have vinegar that was unpasturized and unfiltered. AND I was gifted some Eden's organic brand. To no avail. There isn't a mother starting in either jar. It's been months.

Latest posts