Looks like the spammers have been busy!!

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In my free range chicken set up it's the early bird that got all the night crawlers. Same hen every morning out there before dawn in the dim security light over the yard feasting.

Ahh, summer memories currently frozen in time (literally)

Hoping this spamware works!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I've implemented the new spam system here. Please let me know if anybody experiences any problems.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just one question, if people w/less than 10 posts get an error message, how will they be able to make legitimate posts?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Just one question, if people w/less than 10 posts get an error message, how will they be able to make legitimate posts?
They will only get that error message if they try to post a URL in their message. The spammers always try to post a link.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They get an error screen that tells them to remove the link until they are an established member of the board. They can post anything but a link.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's a great idea, Nifty! Just one question - does it also apply to links/url in the signature? I think I had my sig set up with the URL to my blog in it before I ever posted (lurked for a bit).

Thanks

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
For now it does not block URLs in signatures or profiles. If the spammers persist and put links in their sigs and then post, we may update the system so members with under xx posts sigs won't show up.

Latest posts