Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I have always been partial to pants...when I showed up to high school in a skirt my friends all looked at me and said "whoa, did somebody die?" To which I replied, "yes, the funeral is at noon."

My daughter seems to be going the same way...she'll tolerate a dress but she much prefers her jammies or sweatpants...or even better naked!

My son is 3 and begged his daddy to take him bowhunting with him so we let him go. We are all outdoorsy....yesterday it was 30 degrees here and we went for a walk outside for 30 minutes until my daughter's nose was running. Today it was in the lower 50s so I let the two of them play in their bouncy house that their uncle (who is gay and has no children and therefore money to blow) bought them!:D

We had a really good time this morning until the chickens came around to the front yard where they are not allowed and we had to chase them back around to the back of the house...always something going on!

I tried to upload some pics but they won't load for some reason so I'll try again later...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

And I am the same way about pants. Skirts and farming just don't mesh for some reason :p

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My boys love chicken chasin too, although ours always stay where they belong so it's just for fun! :) (life or death here?)

Hope your pics come thru some time!
Take it easy!
Tina/tfpets

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay, finally got the pics to come up...don't know what the problem was but it was working today. I wanted to show everyone a pic of my children.

Here's my 3 yr old Tyler
460_pb190011.jpg

And here's my 20 month old Madelyn Grace
460_pb190004.jpg

I know, she just won't grow any hair...my son had long curly hair down his back when he was 2 and we can't even put Maddie's up yet. It figures, huh?

Lori

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Awwww...both your kids are real cuties. I think they favor each other alot.

I especially like your DD's pic - eye contact and great color.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
460_p3020007.jpg

This is a picture at the barber shop (btw Tyler's "reading" a Hunting magazine) on Tyler's 2nd birthday when my husband finally caved and let us cut his hair. He was sooooo pretty. Everywhere we went people thought he was a girl. Now everywhere my daughter goes people think she's a boy....go figure.

Lori

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, I killed another deer, a doe, on Saturday and decided to make some soup and tried my hand at making a loaf of whole wheat bread. I don't know what it will taste like but it looks like a loaf of bread....lol. I couldn't get the yeast to bubble but I went ahead and made it anyway. It rised up some but I don't know what it will taste like. If nothing else the chickens can have it.

We had deer steaks for Thanksgiving dinner and for the first time it was just us here at the house. My parents and grandparents came up on Friday and I went out for black friday for the first time ever too. Got some good deals on a few things but was exhausted at the end of it all.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

I'll check in later...

Lori

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
congrats on the deer
your freezer is well stocked. always a good thing! :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay, so i have a chocolate lab, Maggie and she's pregnant. Well, we are on puppy watch and I hate not knowing her due date. I forgot to write down on the calendar when she came into heat but I know she's got to be close and the vet said she was definitely pregnant and that it felt like a large litter to him. We guesstimated that she would be due around thanksgiving but I guess I was wrong. Her temp is still at 100.2 so I'm thinking maybe by the end of the weekend they'll be here. We're going crazy and there's even people on BYC trying to place bets on the date and time! :lol: Anyway, I'll post pics as soon as we have anything!

Lori