Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* trudges by mumbling: snow snow snow snow snow booo snow hate snow bad snow cold cold cold *

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well here in sunny So Cal, we surf the stair on bogey boards....at least my kids did when they were little. :barnie

Have fun with your books! And stay warm :thumbsup

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
It was nice when it started 2 days ago and I was nice and warm, just looking out the window at it. I was outside in it today. :hide

ohiofarmgirl said:
* trudges by mumbling: snow snow snow snow snow booo snow hate snow bad snow cold cold cold *
Now I agree with you.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well....this massive snow storm dumped about 1/8 inch of rain on us....which promptly froze at dark and caused me to go skating out on the porch in the dark when i went to let the dog out last night.

Picture it....dark porch, arms flailing, curse words flying, 9 yr old black lab splayed out on his belly sliding down the steps, and me clinging to the porch railing for dear life......yep, good times. :rolleyes:

I did however, make a killer batch of GF mayonnaise biscuits last night for the first time. I posted the new version along with my older version in the kitchen section. They were so good I got up this morning and made them again with some fresh eggs and bacon.

Did I mention I hate smoke alarms. Every time I make bacon the dang alarm goes off and all our smoke alarms are connected so that if one goes off they all go off. It's 30 degrees outside and I had the windows open this morning while my poor children are shivering with their hands over their ears.

I'm cleaning my oven now while the house is smokey anyways.....fun stuff.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Dont we caught it! We have 5 to 6 right now and snowing heavy right now....

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Its still snowing in Kentucky right now??? I gotta go watch the news....are we supposed to get a second round of this stuff?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Its still snowing in Kentucky right now??? I gotta go watch the news....are we supposed to get a second round of this stuff?
Yeah! Its blowin hard and white! This wasnt predicted till this morning but were supposed to get a couple of more inches today.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:lol: Hey Hen...maybe you'll get lucky and be out the rest of the week!!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
:lol: Hey Hen...maybe you'll get lucky and be out the rest of the week!!!
I doubt it. Unfortunately (?) here in CT we know how to deal with snow. Now if the winds pick up and we lose power that could change things, but that is something I do NOT wish for!