Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Poor thing! I'm glad you got him in & did what you had to do for him. Hate the vet bills, tho. One of my cats goes in for her yearly exam/shots next week. So there goes $80. :/

Hope he'll be okay now. :)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
$135 yesterday for Parker, my BC McNab. Hasn't been feeling well, and after three days I was worried about an obstruction. Nope (thank goodness).

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Lots of dogs test postive for Erlichia, but not all show signs of having it. My dog Scooter tested positive years ago, but he's never actually shown signs of being affected by it. We're just in such a wet, humid environment with so many mosquitoes its' common for dogs to get it.

Hope the meds help w/ the UTI and Lyme!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, he seems to be better but oddly has been having fits of sneezing since going on the meds. :hu Weird. He has already stopped peeing so much and is resting a lot still. Still doesn't want to eat though. I did get him to eat half a slice of bread with his meds this morning.

Yesterday I went and had a good long visit with my friend the cake decorator. The kids had a good time playing and I tried to diagnose what was wrong with her sewing machine. I found out she blew compressed air into it. :barnie DO NOT do that to your sewing machines ladies....it blows all the debris further inside the machine and can cause issues that only a technician can fix.

She just found out she is allergic to wheat and her DD, who is 2, is allergic to chicken, chicken eggs, apples, wheat, soy, corn, and maybe some other stuff. She is going through the same thing I just went through---restocking her pantry. She is having a hard time finding recipes that are wheat, egg, and corn free. She is especially heartbroken cause all the spaghetti sauce she canned over the summer is now something she cannot eat, she thickened it with wheat germ. :he I don't know if there is a food pantry that would take it cause it is not a commercial product. She may just fix separate meals for her husband and son and her and DD to use it up. I think the both of us are going to put up diced or stewed tomatoes this year and then if we want to make sauce we can just start with our plain tomatoes.

Hubby is getting a vasectomy today. I am not a happy pregnant person and we have always talked about adopting or fostering children if the opportunity presents itself. In my effort to get off of birth control completely we feel this is the best option. Turn around time for his surgery is less than if I were to get my tubes tied. He is really lucky that he was able to apply and get accepted for FMLA (family medical leave act) for the surgery so they are giving him all of next week off, paid. Praise Jesus!

We are in pretty good shape but we are getting our contractor friends over here to do some estimates for finishing out the lean tos and building a one car garage with storage room and 2 car carport. We feel like that is the most cost effective thing to do and then if we want to enclose the carport at a later date then we can tackle that down the road. It will give us a place under roof to process our meat next year. We are thinking of pouring a concrete pad under it now so that if we close it in later it is already done.

Things seem to be on track to close on the house. Our real estate agent is taking care of the septic pumping for us and taking it out of our closing costs. I love her. :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Try a little canned dog food......if they normally eat dry, canned will often get them to eat. Have any around? Cooked chicken with rice is another way to tempt dogs to eat.

Yay for Hubbs getting the vasectomy! Much easier for him than it would have been for you. We went that route and were very pleased. He will need a little pampering this week, though! Sending this to him.....:hugs Now go pass it on!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good to hear Tonka is on the mend.

Be sure to wait the designated time and for the test to see if he vasectomy was successful. My BIL's didn't work the first time around.

When I bought my sewing machine they recommended compressed air and told me to use it after linty fabrics. :barnie You can't trust anyone!!!

Sounds like things are going well for you guys.

:thumbsup

g

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tell your friend to goose, duck and quail eggs :) People who are allergic to the chicken can often do other poultry.

Btw I was at someomes house sitting on their outside steps when a duck came purring (?you know what I mean) and wagging her tail at me, so I picked her up and we cuddled for like 10-15 mins :) I put her down only because I didn't want poo on me. I know why your hubby loves ducks so much!