Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, those are good prices Becca. I need to be on the lookout for people selling off last year's hay. There was a bumper crop over this way so there should be alot left. Farmers were getting 4-5 cuttings and it never rained so it was all nice and dry when baled and stored.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We are getting Nigerian Dwarf goats....here's a link and you can see my girls!

http://cornerstonefarm.net/breedlist.html

Scroll down to the junior does section and you will see two marked SOLD....Janoah and Caris and their bucks that they have been bred to this year. The two bucks she put them with are GORGEOUS! If you go to the buck link you can see better pics of Obadiah and Thaddeus.

I highly recommend Barb if you want to look into Nigis, her goats are fabulous and excellent milkers....she also dam raises all of her babies unless the new owners specify otherwise.

Take a look around her website....it is really a wonderful farm and B&B.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Lori, if we want alfalfa we have to pay $18 per bale. Straw? $12 :th
I would love your prices :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
They're cute. Oh, and not trying to be picky, just helpful, you might want to pass on that coming only has one M, not 2. I know some people are turned off by websites that have misspelled, words, etc. I'd hate to see her lose business because of it. :hugs

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well now, Paula....you don't count!!! :lol:

Everything is crazy expensive in Alaska from what I've heard....it doesn't help when a lot of it has to be flown in to get there in the first place....I can't imagine paying $18 for a bale of hay....I'd hand feed it to my goats for that price just to make sure they didn't waste it!!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh, the mallards kept jumping out of the baby pool so they got moved to the chicken tractor this afternoon....They are looooooving the new space and fresh grass and I am loving the smell of a clean barn!

They are messy little buggers! It was only in the 40s today and I am freezing....I was sick all day yesterday but feel much better today...took some oregano oil this morning and no more tummy issues.

Don't know what it was but I felt awful....and then when I was in the other room Maddie ran into the living room wall and knocked Chad's uncle's deer head off the wall, took a chunk out of the floor, and broke the deer across the bridge of the nose. This think is like, from the late 60s or early 70s....gonna have to get it recaped now. :rolleyes: Chad was ticked.

Closed on the mortgage today so I pick up the check for the garage construction tomorrow and our footers will be dug on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully we can get the beehives done Saturday and painted. Gotta build a stanchion too....and find some straw bales....and put some gravel in the floor of the barn to help with drainage....and get dirt in the raised beds....and go to a birthday party....and church league softball practice....and scout out some hunting property for WebfootMafia. Gonna be a busy weekend....oh, and there is a chicken swap 5 minutes down the road Saturday morning to....muahahahahahhahha

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Lori, if we want alfalfa we have to pay $18 per bale. Straw? $12 :th
I would love your prices :)
Several years back my D1 decided to keep her MIL's horse for his retirement days. The MIL shipped him to Missouri from Southern California. When they were discussing the cost of upkeep, since MIL was planning on covering his costs, the subject of hay came up. Her MIL asked how much hay cost and my D1 said she paid about $25 a bale for it. Her MIL agreed that was about what she was paying. Then they continued to add up the costs. When they got to the total her MIL's total was WAY WAY more than D1's total. At that point they started to really discuss and discovered that while her MIL was paying $25 a bale it was for a 75 pound square of alfalfa while my D1 was paying $25 for a 1500 (!!) pound round bale of brome and clover. Now that was a price difference. ;) :lol: