Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
So, this past weekend I really screwed up my back. I don't know what did it but it was probably an accumulation of things. I told hubby that if it wasn't any better by this morning I would go to the doctor. So I did and then had to go get x-rays and possibly an MRI. We believe I have a bulging disc. I had the same injury when I was 19 and it feels exactly the same. There was no pain in my muscles when he pressed on them but a little discomfort in the lumbar region. I cannot bend or move to the side or twist without stabbing pain that radiates down into my tailbone. Yep....probably a disc injury. After the x-rays today he should call me tomorrow with the results but I have to go back in Wed morning so he can see if my mobility has improved with the drugs he has me on. *blech* He put me on prednisone and tramadol. I officially hate it. I have horrible dry mouth, dizziness and generally feel floaty. The pharmacist told me to not expect to get much sleep cause the prednisone makes people jittery and usually affects sleep because of it. Great.

I am using my flaxseed hot pack and that helps a bit but mostly I just have to move around a bit from time to time. He told me to stay out of the bed unless I was sleeping in it. So today I got Wendy's for the kids and came home after stopping at the pharmacy and read more Wind in the Willows and had Tyler read a short story to me and answer the comprehension questions from it. Then we made sock puppets and read some more and they sorted all my buttons and examined and compared the features of all of them with magnifying glasses. Their idea, not mine. It was really cute to see them excited and take the initiative to conduct an experiment themselves. They sorted everything and had a really good time of it.

So I just got a call from the doctor's office and they said my x-rays looked "good". What is that supposed to mean? God, I hate doctors. :barnie

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Lori, I am so sorry to hear about the back issues. I too have bulging disc's in my lower back, right about at the hip. It is painful every day, most days tolerable. I went in today to my Dr, and he said...keep moving...Ibuprofen...and lots of water. Mine will not go away, as there is arthritis involved as well. I hope your back gets to feeling better SOON!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Even though the heat feels better, I was told to do the ice packs when I had a herniated disc years ago. The heat packs seemed to make it feel worse the next day. YMMV

:hugs I feel for you. Takes a long time for it to feel any better. Hang in there, try to take care of yourself.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
thanks guys...I'm feeling better but the prednisone is making me jittery and last night I didn't get much sleep. I go to the dr in a few minutes so hopefully it won't be too bad!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Went to the doctor....all is well, wants to put me in physical therapy to be on the safe side so I'm calling him next week to set that up.

Aliana went into heat Wednesday, confirming my suspicions of a miscarriage a couple weeks back. Took her to the breeder and had her bred again and now everyone is content and quiet and hopefully all pregnant with triplets :p in the pasture.

Meat birds are coming along nicely, still not ready to process for at least 1-2 more weeks yet but looking really good and very vigorous....still flying at me. Crazy birds.

Went hunting yesterday and got a nice doe and discovered that my sights on my gun were WAYYYYYYYY off. I missed her on the first shot and hit her the second shot but it was way off. She still dropped where she stood but I didn't hit her where I was aiming and that had me concerned. We ended up losing some nice meat because of it. Today we bore sighted it and got it right and tomorrow morning we are going to take it to the firing range to shoot it to make sure all is right. I'm really happy that we discovered it and fixed it cause I don't want to wound another animal. I got lucky yesterday that I even hit that deer. I was even luckier that she was hit well enough that she dropped immediately.

Then we did some shopping Wednesday night and got some stuff for the kids. I also went to TSC today and got some feed on sale and hit the consignment shop next door and cleaned them out of Littlest Pet shop toys. I figure I got about $150 of stuff for $45 and I got a barbie car for maddie too.

I made a pumpkin pie, fried apples, and the turkey is in the oven roasting with butter, lemons, and rosemary. It smells really good in here!

All the family was so scattered Thursday we decided to do our meal today so everyone could relax. It also allowed for BF and her family to come over too.

My back hurts today but hopefully I'll sleep better tonight and I'm sure the physical therapy will help out with it. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
holy cow Lori that was some good shopping on those toys. quite the savings! Littlest Pet Shop and Barbie is happening here also :lol:

hope you feel better!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hi guys....so today we got 18 meat rabbits. :th

I also sold my kids' smart cycle for $60 so now I have feed for said rabbits.

We have someone that wants 5 of the rabbits butchered in 2 weeks so at least 5 of the babies are spoken for. We are currently trying to sex them all and figure out which ones to keep and which ones to send to freezer camp or sell for breeding stock for someone else's rabbitry.

They are HUGE!!! Three of them are really friendly and have been together their whole lives so we are trying to figure out whether to separate them or not or just leave them together for now. We have 2 hutches that came with the buns. One has 3 compartments and the other has 2. I have 3 more rabbits in my chick/isolation pen and one in a small cage, oh and one in a large critter trap. There are several that honestly could be processed now and we may do that as soon as we decide who we will keep for breeding stock. We are thinking of keeping 2 bucks and 3 does. We have the hutches for 5 if they are all separated and then my isolation pen that could hold babies when they get bigger. We need to do some minor repairs on the hutches but they should get us through the winter okay. I had to scramble for water bottles but I got everybody settled in. We have 11 babies that have to go and the rest are adults.

We have company coming tonight for dinner, leftovers, and then I am going to crash. We have to get back to our normal routine tomorrow and I am exhausted. My back still hurts so I am thinking I will be one the phone tomorrow setting up physical therapy. I also have some cyber monday shopping to do and today has been consumed with cleaning (3 loads of laundry) and then getting the bunnies situated. Chad had to go with his brother to get their bows worked on, his was acting up and needed to be adjusted.

I'm ready to take a nap but company is coming in an hour. :rolleyes:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Congrats on the bunnies. I suggest that you plan on only keeping one buck. One buck will easily take care of three does. That will also give you another cage for growing out the rabbits destined for the freezer.