Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Now we know why the kids are so darn cute! Very cute couple you make, Lori.....congratulations on your anniversary! :clap

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Just like me to be a day late a dollar short. Hope you had a Happy time. I love your wedding pics. The black and white is beautiful. But the way your husband is looking at you in the color is just heart warming. You can see the love radiate from that look.

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey Lori! Sorry I'm late, Happy Anniversary! Those are some beautiful wedding pics! And adorable pics of your kids. I get to put on the big white dress in 10 days! Im so excited/ Nervous!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Justusnak--I wish I was knee deep in pumpkin....that was the plan but the squash borers got all my plants....beautiful blooms but no pumpkins. :(

Jen--I can't wait to see pics from your big day!!! You are going to make a beautiful bride!

Thanks everyone....we went out for chinese last night...didn't stay gone long, granny and papa got here late so we wanted to get back home to help get the kids in bed. They were upset when we left without them. We never have a babysitter, they are always with one or the other of us. I went to the grocery store the other night and Tyler pressed both hands to the glass on the car door and screamed "I love you mommy, I'll miss you!!!" through the tears. We just don't get to go out much....Chad doesn't like leaving them with someone either.

Got my broiler chicks today! They are the cutest little fluffballs......too bad we're gonna eat 'em!!! :D

They are LOUD! I have them in the baby pool brooder on the front porch and they are under the front windows cheeping like crazy. They are eating well and drinking well and look pretty good.

We are just hanging out today for a while until the lady comes to look at the bug.

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah that meyer order deal was soooo tempting. BUT i said I wasnt goin to be brooding any time this winter. I just cleaned out my hatchery so it will be ready to go for spring. I have 3 more broilers that will be ready in a few weeks and 4 Muscovie drakes, then I should be done processing for the year too.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Got my broiler chicks today! They are the cutest little fluffballs......too bad we're gonna eat 'em!!! :D.
Give it a few days - they won't be near as cute as they are now :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hope that sale happens on the bug
nice to get rid of things quickly. selling stuff can be such a pain..LOL
fingers crossed

bow season is starting here
do you guys bow hunt?
Tony got a new bow and is itching to get started

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I SOLD THE BUG LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weee

I met the nicest lady, a professor at Longwood University (my alma mater) in the creative writing dept, and we both just knew that it belonged to her. It was weird....her first VW was school bus yellow and when we bought the bug it was originally school bus yellow! Everything just seemed to fall into place. I was asking $2750 but let her have it for $2500.

Well, that will pay off the credit card bill. Whew!

I called the county and they are going to adjust our personal property taxes accordingly!!! Saved myself $55.

I have to go to the courthouse today to sign some paperwork so they can adjust everything so as soon as my bread finishes baking I'll head out and check out the feed store up there too to see if they will custom mix feed for me and if it would be cheaper. (I started a thread about this in financial management and budgeting)

Madelyn went home with Granny and Papa this morning so I think I am going to try to get her room painted and crib sold before we go get her and bring back her "big girl bed" from mama's house next weekend. Chad wants to go up there to get the tier poles out of the tobacco barn to use as additional fence posts and to bow hunt with my dad.

Things are pretty tense with my mom.....she has issues with my husband because he challenges her opinions and disagrees with her sometimes. Most of us just agree with her to keep the peace and try to choose our battles but Chad just can't do it. She wanted to pay us for our bedroom suite (that SHE purchased for me when I graduated from college) I told her it was ridiculous for her to pay me for something that she bought in the first place. She gave my granny the money and had her go to the bank and deposit the money on the sly.

That is how she is....she will run over anyone to get her way. She is one of those people that would rather be right than happy. She is never wrong and if she does admit she was wrong she tries to make you feel bad for her being wrong and try to blame it on circumstances.

I love her to death but she just doesn't see what she does and how she talks to people. Everyone sees it but her. Even her own mother will tell you that's how she is.

Anyway, I feel like I can breathe a little now financially but we are still feuding about Thanksgiving. I think we are just going to end up staying here. With the addition of the broiler chicks I think we are going to have to stay now. I may even have to hang back next weekend to stay and feed/water everyone.