Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My 4 yr old caught ANOTHER FROG AND 2 MORE FENCE LIZARDS TODAY.

He is to reptiles/amphibians what Quail A is to chickens...... :gig

edited to add----my hubby says we need to get bigger tanks.............. :rolleyes:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
He is to reptiles/amphibians what Quail A is to chickens...... :gig
I seem to have developed a reputation here?! :rolleyes: What's up with that? :lol:

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lori please let me know where this Support group is for 4 yr olds addicted to catching critters, I need to sign my son up for it also!:lol:

At least us Chicken Addicts have BYC!!:hide

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
The thing that kills me is that he's so GOOD at it. I couldn't catch a lizard if I had to but he just reaches right over and picks it up. It's like they KNOW. He's got some kind of creepy crawly mojo thing going on :lol:

Quail----you have no one to blame for your reputation but YO'SELF!!! :D besides, it's one of those endearing qualities that we love so much about you!!! Why do you think we are constantly on your journal page??? :hugs

Friday
Well, today I had to go to the commissioner of the revenue for our county and sign the paperwork for my vehicle sales this year, first my hubby's truck and now my vw. That way they are sure to drop them at the first of the year and they gave me about a $55 credit towards my bill this year.

Went into Farmville and stopped at Goodwill. Got a nice pair of jeans for myself and 11 books (mostly educational ones at that) for...... drumroll please.......... $7.86! I was very pleased.

Then went to Walmart and spent way too much. Bought Tyler a new comforter for his bed, he was using one of my old ones and I have sewn it and patched it so many times I just felt bad for the kid. He picked out a super fuzzy orange one....it looks nice and I am glad it wasn't a themed one. Then had to get 2 sheet sets for Maddie's new twin bed and a waterproof mattress cover (ouch, they are pricey) and picked up some new towels for our bathroom ($8 for the whole set, I didn't think that was too bad). After I got a few hunting clothes for Tyler,new camo shirt for me, scent spray, and a few grocery items the bill was $178. :th

I bought all of the clothes bigger so that hopefully Tyler can use them next year. Tomorrow is youth hunting day here in Va so we are going to scout out a place in case we get a break in the rain tomorrow but I don't know if it will happen. If we don't get to go then he will go with me later on during gun season or with Chad during muzzleloader. I don't think it would be a good idea for him to go during bowhunting season. He just can't be that quiet or still yet. When I hunt with a 30.06 they don't have to be as close for a kill shot ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Quail----you have no one to blame for your reputation but YO'SELF!!! :D besides, it's one of those endearing qualities that we love so much about you!!! Why do you think we are constantly on your journal page??? :hugs
*in small, whispery voice*

Are ya'll stalking me? :hide Ya mean, ya'll are watching what I put in my journal? :duc :hide

ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm kidding!!!!!!

Actually, I think I can pass SOME of the blame on my other half, because as much as he says he dislikes my chickens, he sure seems to enjoy helping out with building/repairing coops or improving on them. He also gets a big chuckle while watching them around the yard....Oh and he tosses them worms ALL the time and although he won't admit it, Sam is his new buddy! Wherever my DH is, there's Sam right along with him! :gig

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Actually, I think I can pass SOME of the blame on my other half, because as much as he says he dislikes my chickens, he sure seems to enjoy helping out with building/repairing coops or improving on them. He also gets a big chuckle while watching them around the yard....Oh and he tosses them worms ALL the time
That was my dh - "should we get more?" "do you like these?" :p

Quail_Antwerp said:
and although he won't admit it, Sam is his new buddy! Wherever my DH is, there's Sam right along with him! :gig
Now that is the most bizarre statement, I ever read! :th ;) :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I can't say anything...Chad has become quite the enabler himself! He's the one that called me and said "hey, I can get some lumber and we can build a fence for some goats" Oh, and he bought me a goat book and got himself a book, Getting Started with Beef and Dairy Cattle! We don't even have anywhere to put a cow, yet!

Today we are taking Tyler hunting and Chad is going to film his friend's DD on her deer hunt. We are going to leave in a little while and I am getting excited!!! :fl

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Monday

Well, we didn't see any deer on our hunting trip but we saw lots of turkeys. We had a good time and I was pretty impressed with Tyler. He did a pretty good job for a 4 yr old. :)

Sunday we decided to head into town and get everything for Maddie's room makeover, got the paint and fabric to finish her quilt. We also decided to get some other things to put a roof on the chicken run! :celebrate The tarp was just not working, the weight of the heavy rains kept weighing it down enough to bend the metal poles at the top of the chain link. With winter coming Chad decided that it was time to bite the bullet and get it done. He called one of his buddies that owed him a favor and for about $50 we got it done. The tin was free, some of the 2x4s were free but we did have to purchase 4, 4x4 posts and 4 2x4x10 posts for the bracing/cross pieces. Our biggest expense was the roofing tar....$24 for 2 gallons. The tin is rusted so we have to seal it before winter. I am so happy! I wish we had done this to begin with. It would have saved us money on replacement tarps and a lot of worry and heartache.

Here's the before and after pics.
15898_p1010282.jpg

100_1863.jpg

100_1864.jpg