Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I also took some pics of the birds this morning....

Here's the brahmas in their favorite place in the woods
100_1884.jpg

here's the broiler chicks
100_1885.jpg

here's my ducks
100_1874.jpg

eating yogurt
100_1871.jpg

Here are my favorite....the Got Milk? pics
100_1871-1.jpg

100_1880.jpg

100_1876.jpg

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nice pics! Good job on the roof too - I need to extend the roof on my pen to cover part of the run, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow, the roof looks awesome Lori! I need like, three of those! Lol.

The birds are looking great, I can't believe your runners are that big already! They sure grow fast!

jenlyn9483

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey where did you get your runners from?
In april Im going to get some exhibtion quality runners from Holdereads.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Jen---got my runners from McMurray. I'm pretty happy with them so far....they get lots of treats and niacin in their water for a few more weeks (to help with their leg development) and they are currently on grower/finisher feed. They got squash today, yellow and acorn, rotten ducks! My hubby looked at them this evening when he got home and said "Geesh, they look like they grew feathers overnight, all their down is gone!"

They really are feathering out nicely, the black ones have such a wonderful sheen to them and so do the chocolates. The fawn and white have more fawn than I thought they would have but they are by far the friendliest of the whole flock. Tyler really had a good time picking clover today and throwing it in their pool. I could hear him giggling all the way up to the house!

Today, Tuesday, I finished Miss Thang's quilt (Madelyn) for her room. We got started painting last night and got half her room done, we had to fill some nail holes in two walls and had to wait for the putty to dry overnight so we can hopefully finish the painting after dinner tonight. It looks like someone threw up Pepto Bismol in her room! The official name of the wall color is "Sleeping Beauty Pink" from the Behr Disney collection. Chad hates it!!! :lol: All I said last night was, "well, you wanted a girl, you got a girly girl....she loves her pink. Aren't you glad we don't have 2, then we'd probably have pink and purple!!!" :p

I called today and lined up a free trial gymnastics class tomorrow afternoon at a new facility about an hour away, closest one to us, but at least they were willing to let Tyler take a trial run before we commit to anything.

I'm cooking an acorn squash and venison tenderloin steaks with onions and peppers in the oven. The house smells really good!

I'm hurting right now, between the painting, moving furniture, quilting, laundry and other general chores my neck and shoulders are killing me. I may put a moist compress on it later tonight, that usually helps.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Wednesday

Baked some bread this morning, used the last of my last loaf for french toast this morning for breakfast. Spent some time outside with Tyler this morning and got some good pics around "Old MacAdams Farm" as our neighbors have nicknamed it!

Here's the ducks and my 5 older hens fighting over cheerios and leftover mixed veggies from dinner
100_1887.jpg

Peek a boo!
100_1894.jpg

Chad's favorite hen, Miss Etta
100_1901.jpg

My light brahmas' fuzzy butts
100_1903.jpg

A pic of the woods on the back side of our property
100_1907.jpg

Looking up from the trampoline, what a beautiful day!!!
100_1905.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great pics thanks for sharing.

I know those Disney colors. I used Electric Light Parade Yellow a couple years ago in my daughters room. I finally repainted last year after I found out yellow is a color that causes anxiety. It was wayyyyyyyy to bright.

Your duckies are really cute!!!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Sunday

My granny and papa came back up yesterday and we got Maddie's room done. It looks much better with the furniture and her new quilt in, not sooooo bright anymore. We also got the bed frame for our bed so now it is off the floor and I can put my winter sweaters under the bed with my fabric tote and all the rifles and shotguns. I am a redneck, I keep my fabric and sweaters with my guns! :lol:

Chad and papa got the tractor/hoop coop for the broilers done this morning and started on building a movable processing station for the chickens and deer. I'll post pics later, it's pretty cool.

I think the broilers will have about another 2 weeks in the brooder on the porch before they go in the tractor. I'll be glad when they are in there, they stink, greedy little bast****! They pile on top of each other and fight to get their food in the morning. I put food in their feeder at about 4-5 pm every evening and just let it run out and feed them in the morning. I'm trying to give them a little break....my attempt at controlled feeding.

Going to go to wally world today and get Maddie a booster seat. She has outgrown her carseat and meets all the requirements for a booster.

Chad and Papa went this morning with one of the neighbors who works for the electric company and can get us some smaller poles for the fencing. He said he had about 20 that we could come get today! They are about 8 inch ones. Can't beat free lumber!!! :D