Lost 4 Hens Today Due to the Heat

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Your answer to number 10 on the questions list is hysterical! I never expected that answer! :D

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In their eating frenzy I accidently stepped on my favorite little Isa Brown pullet...had to finish the deed ....o am I so sorry....shoot...they just scurry around so quick....

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Kingsfarm said:
In their eating frenzy I accidently stepped on my favorite little Isa Brown pullet...had to finish the deed ....o am I so sorry....shoot...they just scurry around so quick....
I had a very similar experience with our very first batch of chicks when they were about a month old, I beaned on with a rock thrown from our lawnmower. It's hard to lose any of the cute little things, especially if in an accident involving yourself. I knew better than to have the discharge pointed in their direction, but one lapse is all that it took. :(

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Your answer to number 10 on the questions list is hysterical! I never expected that answer! :D
Well, I was a little hesitant to put that on there, but wanting to be honest.... :)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
K0xxx,
Sorry you had a visit from the AOD.:( I had one today as well, :hit and she was the only one who hadn't been pecked nearly out of feathers by the big ROO. Not sure if it was heat because I had them in the shade near the coop where they come and go as they please. She was under the 5 gallon water bucket with those avian aquamiser nipples. They just don't seem to take to those very well. Wish they did because the water would stay a lot cleaner.
Again, sorry for your loss.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
KI4xxx