Low carb eaters.....

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Raw is best but you can certainly kefir storebought milk and get lots of great beasties from it!
I kefir storebought whole milk. It improves it enough that my lactose intolerant son can enjoy smoothies without any digestive trouble. Raw milk, when I can get it, is too expensive for me to kefir. We drink it straight, and treasure it...

I need a goat.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
delia_peterson said:
Ooh, thank you BBH. I have not found any Kefir down here. Do you have to dehydrate it? How do we do this? :ya
PM coming your way Delia!

Feed bag: carrots and celery (going to the store tomorrow)

Breakfast:
fresh scrabled eggs
nitrate free bacon
coffee
glass raw milk

Lunch:
Big ol salad (dinner plate size piled high)
nitrate free ham (you can get it at costco)
boiled eggs
onions
black olives
shredded cheese

Dinner:
Another big old salad (taco salad this time) taco meat is ground bison

Ok freemotion, I think that covers my intake of veggies. :th (By the way, I never had a problem with the 2-3 you know whats per day, guess I'm not shy. ;) :D No songs needed here.)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yum, can I eat at your house?

We are having a huge pan of roasted root veggies. No greens, as we are out, and neither of us feels like getting into the car even though there is a grocery store pretty much in sight of our house.... :rolleyes:

Greens tomorrow!

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
HannaLee said:
I need a goat.
Ahhh, another one comes over to the dark side.......bwahaahaaahaaaa!!!!!! :lol:
Sadly, though, I would have to move first, and that will not be happening any time soon. I get goat milk from a friend weekly, but her goats are freshening. A couple more months and we'll be back in milk. I can't wait!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
You ladies will be so proud of me! I bought goat milk kefir!

I know you said home made was best, but I needed to buy yogurt for my smoothies anyway so I bought it....can't wait to try it (a little scared)
Sally has GRACIOUSLY offered to send me some grains of my very own :D

In the kefir/yogurt sections that have a new VERY attractive little goody called Pro Bugs
kefir-for-kids.jpg

Make sure your kids get there recommended daily allowance of bugs

Introducing ProBugs in flavors like Sublime Slime Lime, Orange Creamy Crawler and Goo-Berry Pie.

What do bugs have to do with nutrition? Lots! Were not talking about real bugs, of course. Were talking about Lifeway ProBugs, our yummy line of Organic Whole Milk Kefir for kids. ProBugs is a delicious and nutritious drink with 10 live cultures that boost the immune and digestive systems in young children. Even if theyre lactose intolerant, they can still digest Lifeway ProBugs. Which is good, because ProBugs are so good for kids.

ProBugs refers to the friendly bugs found in Kefir. Friendly bugs are the good bacteria found in the stomach that boost the immune system. Lifeway Kefir increases the level of good bacteria in the digestive systems of children and also promotes overall healthy digestion.

Quite pricey at $5.95 for 4 servings, but they are very cute little single serving (sweetened) kefirs that would be great in kids lunches. My little one feels left out of the 'pretty/fun looking snacks everyone else has. I am trying to convince her that all those pretty colorful little packages are not real food....nice to see something healthy out there to fill the bill. Too bad it is sooooo expensive.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Feed bag:
couple of green grapes, celery, radishes, carrots (enough to make that 12 serving quota when you add in the veggies listed below)
(Brie cheese is great on celery! That is what I'm eating right now.)

Snack: almonds

Breakfast:
Eggs scrambled with left over taco meat
coffee
raw milk

Lunch:
Kosher dog, 2 servings of sauerkraut
water

Dinner Plans:
Baked chicken, steamed and buttered broccoli and cauliflower, side salad with tomatoes and red onions (probably 5 1/2 cup servings of veggies)
water

Square of dark chocolate

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't stand celery, UNLESS it has peanut butter on it. love that stuff! how weird is that?

Latest posts