Lupin Farm ~ Updated photos of the goat pen in progress

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use ManicPanic too... I LOVE their colours that glow in blacklights, or at least I used to when I was younger, in university and still went out to clubs... I used to buy it on Ebay, sometimes that works out cheaper. I had a job as a waitress when I had the pink hair and had to wear a blonde wig to work everyday because it 'wasn't appropriate' :)

Missthenorth, you guys look great with the pink streaks!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lol I worked at Benix & Co hahaha.. I was allowed to have crazy hair and piercings, my manager didn't much mind but I wasn't allowed to be there when the district manager was in!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I use ManicPanic too... I LOVE their colours that glow in blacklights, or at least I used to when I was younger, in university and still went out to clubs... I used to buy it on Ebay, sometimes that works out cheaper. I had a job as a waitress when I had the pink hair and had to wear a blonde wig to work everyday because it 'wasn't appropriate' :)

Missthenorth, you guys look great with the pink streaks!
thanks :D We had to go into town that day, and my dd said--are you going to wear your hair like that? I said Are you? So we went into town. fun times.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Everybody seems to get a little weird when they are young. Did you ever hear of Punk Rock? Well even I used to punk out occasionally and I am a REAL boring old thing! :lol:

As far as the duck eggs, I used to eat the almost everyday when I was a kid. I LOVED dipping my toast in the big old yolks. They also make great eggs for baking. Try making some French toast, homemade custard or some homemade noodles!! :drool

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I did black and then tried to bleach it and it turned like ronald mcdonald red so I just shaved it all off and started over.....it kind of feels cool to be bald. One of my best friends from college was bald for a year and I personally think she looks better bald than with hair.

My little brother used to dye his hair all kinds of crazy colors....he did a gradation of red to orange to yellow one year in honor of the olympics...his head looked like it was on FIRE!!! He's been every color in the book, the worst was blue...he started with a powder dye and it got everywhere, we cleaned blue powder up all over the bathroom for a month!

I love the pink, you guys are too cute! oh, and psst., I'm a huge Harry Potter fan too!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My D1 shaved her head when her husband went to Iraq in the first wave. My hubby had been napping when she first came to our house after the trimming. He said "hello" as she first came in. Later when he woke the rest of the way up. He took another look and said that he thought he saw his daughter but she was bald - he though he had been dreaming, he could not believe what he saw.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I shaved my hair off in Grade 9 :) I have been toying with the idea of shaving mine off right now to get my natural colour back rather than keep dying it, but my mum has been against it lol. I recently shaved my brothers off. I figured that if I shaved off my hair now, it'd be long enough that I wouldn't look like an idiot when I go to University.

I'm still considering it if we can get a guard for the big clippers.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm not even kidding. I didn't think it was possible. But it is raining AND snowing at the same time. I looked out the window and thought to myself "WHAT?! It's snowing AGAIN?!"

Then I went outside.

It is infact actually raining and snowing at the same time.

Mylie looks at me like "I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU" because she is out in the rain without a shelter (she has a windbreak, the half finished run-in shelter behind the fenceline which she is taking advantage of) and no blanket on.

Luna is... somewhere, probably down at her hay pile munching since she is well protected with her wonderful blanket.

Of course this all means that when, and I do mean WHEN not IF because it WILL freeze, this all freezes everything will be a sheet of ice again. And Mylie is only just starting to get over her lameness, though IMO, she still looks quite sore so I might get a Chiro out if I can find one this spring/summer for her.

Now Mylie is munching on her hay and she keeps looking up at the house like "momma is it dinnnerrrr yettttttttt," she'll do this pretty much all afternoon until its 4pm or 5pm when horsey dinner gets served.

I'm lazy lol so my horses get fed in the morning anytime between 7:30am and 10:30am and in the evening it is almost always pretty solidly between 4:00pm and 5:00pm, I'll go as late as 7:00pm in the summer months if they had their breakfast late in the morning.

Both the horsies know exactly when I'm going to feed them lol and Mylie will trot over all excited and happy, Luna will wait by the gate for breakfast, not so much at dinner because she's usually at her hay around dinner time. Mylie grows about 2 ft when its feeding time, its like her head is on a gigantic pole LOL.

I've been watching couch surfing for something like 2 months now as there is nothing much to do here in the winter months. As a result I've become enamoured with Newfoundland, their commercials just make me want to pack up my old kit bag, load up the horses, and move to somewhere magical like Hearts Content, or Little Hearts Ease.

Who needs Ontario when Newfoundland has adorable village names like that?

Sigh, I better go and get the truck from the end of the driveway and finish cleaning out the ducky house. I can't wait for them to move to their new abode in the summer -- the moveable duck house.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yea, just as we got ourselves dug out from this recent snow, it is snowing HARD again! At least no rain but this snow is definitely heavier. Makes it harder to use the snowblower. Luckily all the animals are snug as a bug in the barn. Just finished with hay and water so they have plenty to eat and drink.