Lupin Farm ~ Updated photos of the goat pen in progress

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Nice pictures! Mylie looks like she is doing fine in all of that.
She sure is, despite starting off the winter with a mediocre coat she seems to have grown more hair and today it was nice and puffed up.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They're Buff Orpington Ducks :)

they're wimpy and silly and make a mighty big noise but they're a lot of fun.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well today was nice out, gloomy, but rather warm. When I went to feed Mylie she spooked at something and then went into this filly craze where she started bunny hopping all over her hay pile. It was hilarious watching such a bulky mare bunny hop like a foal.

I've discovered the most amazing thing ever, instead of just filling the chicken water with hot water in the mornings... if I do it in the evening too around 10pm, it stays relatively unfrozen until the morning!

Now I am off to beddy byes, working on raised beds tomorrow and my brother is coming home. Stripping the rest of my bedroom floor and finishing the painting as well!

I'll get some photos of the doors we made for our linen closet and the vent cover for the cold air return and hatch for the heat hole in the floor.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As a matter-o-fact we are. I'm keeping the last 4 red hens until they either pop their clogs (assisted by me) or they moult out and can go to new homes. We have already ordered 5 Dominique pullet chicks and 1 Dominique rooster chick plus 1 more buff duck and 1 buff drake. We're excited to start hatching our own chickens too :) Believe it or not we only have 8.38 acres

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm in a pickle...

My pickle is that I've applied to U of T and York U. York U is supposed to be my back-up if U of T doesn't accept me. I would then transfer over to U of T.

My problem lies in that York U has offered me a spot, which expires (and I realize they often extend the offer after the expiration, but I can't count on it) February 28th 2010. U of T has put a hold on my application and will reconsider it at the end of May when all the high school students have filled spots.

I'm now in a position where I need to accept Yorks offer or I won't be going to any university in the fall because I can't be guaranteed any good decision from U of T.

I find this totally and utterly unfair, I have the grades for U of T and now they've put me in a position I'd rather not be in. They're pretty much deciding my life here.

And I'd rather go to U of T not only because of their reputation as a school but because of their proximity to my dad's apartment in the city.

SIGH

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well crud.

Can you transfer later? As in take the York spot now and transfer to U of T when a slot opens?

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You have to take a term or year before transfering unfortunately, and as many people I know have said, York is kind of unstable... and it's a really big trek from my dad's appartment :(

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I dunno about which U should go to, I just saw your post/journal today.

The only thing I can advise you on is....

GIRL... YOU BETTER RUN, RIGHT NOW!!!! Your about to be attacked by a rabid wild egg laying hen!!!

:gig

I had to say that.. hehe..