Maca Root information

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
So, some of ya'all have been asking about Maca Root!
Here is the low down.

The maca is similiar to the radish and the turnip.
In parts of South America, it has been eaten traditionally as a natural fertility and reproductive aide, for both male and female.
It actually stimulates the Adrenal glands, giving the whole body a general feeling of well being and energy.
It rebuilds the immune system as well.
It has been referred to as an Endocrine Adaptogen.

Personally, I can attest to it working.
It really does what many say it does.
I do not care for the taste, but I know of many that really like it :idunno

You can put it into smoothies, a glass of milk, or even into size 00 capsules like I do.
Dosage varies from person to person.
1 tsp all the way up to 2 tbls.
Its up to each person to find the amount that supports and rebuilds their body best.

You can find lots of info at this site.
http://www.macaroot.com/benefits/index.html

As to where to buy it?
Just do a google search for Raw Organic Maca Root.
Choose the brand that best suits your budget.
Just make sure its raw and organic.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
What does this taste like? I might want to try it.
Someone posted on another thread that it takes like graham crackers. So I have to wonder how it would taste w/chocolate and marshmallows.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
To me it has a graham cracker smell, but since it's ground into powder it's very chalky. It needs to be taken with liquid or put into capsules or it gets stuck in your throat. But Deb's got me thinkin about adding it to some melted chocolate and turning it into candy :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If it tastes like Smores, you just might have a hit on your hands! :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
One of the moms at Cub Scout camp is a nutrional consultant of some kind. We hit it off over foods we don't let our sons eat. Anyway, she is firm believer in maca root. I've been reluctant to try it because it seems so pricey.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
One of the moms at Cub Scout camp is a nutrional consultant of some kind. We hit it off over foods we don't let our sons eat. Anyway, she is firm believer in maca root. I've been reluctant to try it because it seems so pricey.
Its not bad for how much you take. And you have to buy it in bulk powder. Do not even look at prefilled caps.

I take 2 size 00 capsules per day. Sometimes more.
Its been awhile, but I think that means I filled well over a quart with filled capsules.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Henrietta23 said:
Its not bad for how much you take. And you have to buy it in bulk powder. Do not even look at prefilled caps.

I take 2 size 00 capsules per day. Sometimes more.
Its been awhile, but I think that means I filled well over a quart with filled capsules.
I found it at Whole Foods in a 16 ounce pouch for about $20. I may have to look into it more.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We have been buying one of the more pricey brands. Earth Circle Organics, and its $25 per pound. But that pound lasts a very long time because my body no longer needs a high dose.