Maca Root information

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
We have been buying one of the more pricey brands. Earth Circle Organics, and its $25 per pound. But that pound lasts a very long time because my body no longer needs a high dose.
That's good information to have! Thanks :D

nath5212

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I’m just wandering if you have any updates on this article. My chinese herbalist/acupuncturist recommended that I take maca powder to help give me more energy, increase my libido and balance out my mood swings during PMT. She unfortunately didn’t know what dosage I should take and there is nothing on the bottle. Any more feedback you have would be great. Hmm, I’m not particularly happy that your herbalist told you this. First – for girls it’s important that you ONLY take maca on days 1-14 of your cycle (day 1 being the first day of bleeding). Take it on the other days and you may get worse pmt and breakouts which is what happened to me. Go and buy another brand of maca from the health food store, and start with 1/4 of the dosage, if you find that you’re not getting any symptoms like stomach upset, then slowly increase to 1/2, then the full dosage. Good luck …and make sure if you have any bad side effects at all, you stop taking it immediately. And I’d also love to hear how it all goes.
Mihow -Four RCTs met all the inclusion criteria. Two RCTs suggested a significant positive effect on sexual dysfunction or sexual desire in healthy menopausal women or healthy adult men, respectively, while the other RCT failed to show any effects in healthy cyclists. The further RCT assessed the effects of maca in patients with erectile dysfunction using the International Index of Erectile Dysfunction-5 and showed significant effects. I use it daily and mix it in with my protein. It has other benefits besides just libido. I haven't had any problems with it but I take a minimal amount and don't go overboard. It does give some energy...not like caffeine energy but mellow. I've been taking a few supps to help regulate hormones and they have had a profound effect overall.