Make your own tea!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Myhouseisazoo2 Hibiscus tea? How do you make that? We are overgrown with mint here, but for some strange reason I do not like the taste, so I barely use it.
Sadly I don't make this one; but there's a "mexican" market where you can buy dried hibiscus blossoms for eating/tea (I assume its the same method of steeping/mixing).
I'm trying to grow some so I can homemake (I don't like that kids are able to stick their hands in the store blossom)
I generally buy all my tea from the "Asian" market down the street from me, they have an isle and a half just for teas! :ya some bagged some loose, I can mix and match there so I've been able to make different flavors that way.
Green tea macha is really good too!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guys, I bought this fantastic powdered ginger tea from the Asian market! It comes in a box w/ 20 packets for $4ish. Heat water pour packet in stir and voila! Hot ginger tea, I drink mine hot till about halfway down and cool the rest with some semi-warm water and raw mesquite honey that I bought from a close by beekeeper!
Its got a hot slightly bitter taste towards the end so that last step really helps me through it!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I get that at the asian market here. It's great when I'm queazy and need something now. It's also great on cold days

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never bought anything special for Ginger tea- Just put about 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger in a cup and add boiling water. Put a saucer on top and let it steep for 10 minutes, then strain off the powder.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:) I haven't done it myself but I've a friend that slices two tablespoons of fresh ginger and steeps it for 2-4 minutes before drinking it every day, she says her mom does the same thing but she grinds hers up first. In the three years I've known her she's been sick once.