Making cheese without dairy animals? Friday update

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I think they are related....certainly share a good sense of humor about things :)
Thanks for the good idea MTN!

So, now it turns out I have two sources :woot
Look at me go :weee

Any who....'He' turned out to be a she. I emailed her that I wanted to buy some goats milk to make cheese for my ****zhu 'Princess' and asked if they were still selling. Here is her response....

Dace! Indeed we are! It is our mission on this earth to makre sure princess has only the best Not For Human Consumption Illegal To Eat Raw Goat Milk Cheese. I know ****zuhs are ravenour eaters sometimes consuming four or five times their body weight per hour. When would you be available to pick up some Creamy Smooth Delicious Not For Human Consumption Raw Goat Milk for our esteemed Princess? We have a lot of fresh milk and also frozen as of today so whenever you think Princess will be hungry would work out well!

If you can bring a wide mouthed Mason jar (quart size) per quart you want for Princess's cheese, that is great cause otherwise my partner ia making me charge 1$ for the jar deposit.

We are located in Normal Heights about where 33rd and Adams meet. Let me know and we will send out the Secret Address! ;)

Sincerely
Ellie

Too funny! Now I need to figure out what else I need to make some simple chevre......ideas?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You can make it with vinegar or lemon juice, but I far prefer veal rennet and M19 culture. You get lovely whey to use for fermenting, too, if you use rennet and cultures. Or for Princess ****zu's digestive upsets.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And here I was expecting to see you made cheese out of pig fat or something.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
this is the most intertaining thing I have read in a long time..lol

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Dace said:
I think they are related....certainly share a good sense of humor about things :)
Thanks for the good idea MTN!

So, now it turns out I have two sources :woot
Look at me go :weee

Any who....'He' turned out to be a she. I emailed her that I wanted to buy some goats milk to make cheese for my ****zhu 'Princess' and asked if they were still selling. Here is her response....

Dace! Indeed we are! It is our mission on this earth to makre sure princess has only the best Not For Human Consumption Illegal To Eat Raw Goat Milk Cheese. I know ****zuhs are ravenour eaters sometimes consuming four or five times their body weight per hour. When would you be available to pick up some Creamy Smooth Delicious Not For Human Consumption Raw Goat Milk for our esteemed Princess? We have a lot of fresh milk and also frozen as of today so whenever you think Princess will be hungry would work out well!

If you can bring a wide mouthed Mason jar (quart size) per quart you want for Princess's cheese, that is great cause otherwise my partner ia making me charge 1$ for the jar deposit.

We are located in Normal Heights about where 33rd and Adams meet. Let me know and we will send out the Secret Address! ;)

Sincerely
Ellie

Too funny! Now I need to figure out what else I need to make some simple chevre......ideas?
You know, you totally have to tell her about SS and get her on here! and ask if she ships - I think i might have a lactating hampster.......

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Very amusing ad (although by no means unique, many others do the same) -- but it's just ASKING for the "milk police" to come after you, thumbing one's nose at them that way. I would hope this person has several rabbits feet stuffed in pockets and is faultlessly careful in everything they say to potential customers, and/or has deep pockets or a good lawyer.

But if you can get some milk for them before they get (stupidly) in trouble, absolutely go for it! :)

You can definitely make cheese from previously-frozen milk, no problem -- it will not win international cheese competition awards, but other than that, go for it :)

Pat

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have confirmed it....she IS related to OFG! Read on.....

( I asked her is she was part of the urban backyard farming program that she mentioned and told her I'd like to make chevre)
I can not wait to meet this woman!

Hey Dace! Yeah, I founded it! Hahahaaaa! Its looking to provide people w 100% of their food within a few blocks of their house. Hahaha! I dream big, Baby! Cheese is really easy to make though. Especially chevre? We also have some made here in case u screw it up! Hahhahaaa! Do u know abt the new cheese making supply joint in sd? It's called 'curds and wine' and they have a lot of supplies if you are interested! Cheese presses and so forth too. I understand they have a thermostat that shuts an appliance (like a wine chiller) on and off to keep it at proper cheese cave temperature too (if u wanna try aged cheeses after u get bolder)

Im really excited to meet you and will be looking forward to it for friday! Hey can u let me know how many eggs you need? That way I can make sure I have enough for everyone :)

Sincerely
Ellie

wrote:

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Cheese, she called you 'baby'. It's OFG's west coast sista. :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh
mi
gosh

you know. i always wondered if i had a secret sister somewhere. you know a love child from my dad. if this turns out to be her i'm getting on the first plane to cali!

tell me she has a blog.

and then tell her i'm glad she's giving the finger to the milk police!!

;-)