Making it on small acreage

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So the neighbors have officially moved and sold their property. Kind of makes you want to cry. I've grown up with those same neighbors my whole life. On a funny note to that topic, apparently the new neighbors don't know where the property line is at. The keep mowing to the telephone pole. That gives us an extra 6ft on our property. Well I guess the real truth is we never knew where the property line was we simply went by the fence that the county put up about 30yrs ago. Maybe we really do have an extra 6ft :duc

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!! It seems like it's been forever since I've seen you!!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember something about property lines... don't know if it's true everywhere but it might be worth checking into...

If you put a fence up outside the property line, giving yourself more land, and the other person doesn't say anything about it, after a certain number of years, I think 10, that extra land becomes YOURS.

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We haven't ever used fences out here. I think I've heard the same thing though. DH seems to think we've had the property line wrong for awhile because of some old family stories.

QA can't wait until tomorrow morning to get to see LO and it has been FOREVER since we've seen each other. LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Whoohoo!! I'm up!!

Squeakers woke me up at 6 am, so I took care of her and she was back to sleep by 7! Other than her, E is the only one still even in bed!! :lol:

I've had coffee, fixing to shower and then throw together some breakfast!!

SEE YOU SOON!!

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Went to spinning guild today and let's just say it was a good day. Probably the best day I've ever had for selling stuff down there. They all had to tell me how much they missed me at the Festival. I hated to not go, but getting sick kind of cut into it. I did decide today that I may just learn how to knit. I had been told years ago that my cast on was wrong and couldn't wrap my head around the way I was 'supposed' to cast on. Found out this past week that my cast on is perfectly fine and even more so for the kind of knitting that I want to do.
Even more important I got to see QA and her little Squeakers. She picked up some stuff my mother and I had made for the new baby. Hope you like them QA.

I've gone back to crocheting again tonight. I've got something like a 3 wk back log on crochet projects. They are all orders and mostly for Christmas. Most of them being sock monkey hats. Kind of makes me wish I could duplicate myself so I could have more hats ready!

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Long time no updates. Life has kinda gotten busy and gotten in the way of a lot of things. We had a horrible year for goat breeding. We only got 3 of them bred and one was by mistake. ON the upside the wool business is really starting to take off. We are having a lot of repeat customers and I added another show this year. I'm hoping to add another one next year. A friend is taking stuff out with her to flea markets and did really well this past weekend. It was her first weekend out and I'm already out of sock monkey hats, penguin hats, and teddy bear hats. I've got a cable hat on the needles right now. So I guess it's back to crocheting I go.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Those hats sound really cute.

Latest posts