Man, this place is dead on a Sat. night..did they roll up the streets?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi. I'm here. It's now Saturday afternoon, here in British Columbia, Canada.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like your posts, Joel. I'm glad you became a member here and I think you will have much to contribute. As you can probably tell, the guys are severely outnumbered by us ladies... :)

BTW, my oldest son's name is Joel. Love that name!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, the ladies here are good people - with interesting things to say. And many have experience.

I;d like to see more guys get active here.

Have you ever logged onto HomesteadingToday?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yup, Saturday afternoon here too. And I have a number of things that need doing - but DH is taking a nap so I don't want to make too much noise. That's as good an excuse as any, and better than some, for me to spend some time on the computer when I should be doing other things, don't you think? :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
Well, the ladies here are good people - with interesting things to say. And many have experience.

I;d like to see more guys get active here.

Have you ever logged onto HomesteadingToday?
I did...years ago. They kicked me off in about two shakes of a lamb's tail. :p Maybe they are under newer, kinder, gentler management now?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm surprised you got kicked off. :lol:

What did you do (in their eyes)? :cool:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I forget the particulars now but it had something to do with me pointing out the obvious....the same thing I've done here nearly every day since I've been here. Apparently the ruling Queen Bee mod and her cronies didn't take kindly to the truth and decided to ban me for life, real quick and in a hurry! :D That was many years ago...can't remember when exactly.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, I like the site, overall. There are lots of people there with a huge depth of practical experience.

I like SufficientSelf because it's fresh - a newere site with a newer (maybe younger) group.

But I like HomesteadingToday partly because more guys log on. Don't get me wrong, I love & respect women. I do not want fwer of them here. But, as a guy, I also like interaction with guys around guy things.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I understand that completely...I'm the type of woman who is more comfortable~in real life~talking with guys. I love farming, power tools, trucks, getting dirty, etc.

I just don't seem to connect with women out there...never really did. I just don't GET shopping, soap operas, helplessness, cell phones, multiple shoe ownership or germophobia.