Man, this place is dead on a Sat. night..did they roll up the streets?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I just don't seem to connect with women out there...never really did. I just don't GET shopping, soap operas, helplessness, cell phones, multiple shoe ownership or germophobia.
Wow! Not very interesting women in your life!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
To be honest, I've not met very many interesting women...and I've met literally thousands in my line of work. Some of you gals are some of the most interesting of the lot. For the most part, I find that women as a whole are very much alike. Of course, I find that many of the men I've met are very much alike also...not much variation or much to admire there.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm back. I had to cook my supper... my lady is out this evening, at a women's party. I broiled salmon and baked some potatoes. I'm through eating. Back on this thread.

I'm still pretty much a newbie here. So how would you describe what this SS forum system has been like, at its best?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Fast paced, informative, humorous, exciting and a tight community...we were learning, communicating and exchanging ideas like wildfire and it was a good thing to be a part of there for a couple of years.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Fast paced, informative, humorous, exciting and a tight community...we were learning, communicating and exchanging ideas like wildfire and it was a good thing to be a part of there for a couple of years.
What she said. But right now its at a slope, we need new blood, so any lurkers reading this thread join and be apart of the conversation!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
BB...this was way before you ever appeared on the scene. You caught us on the down side of wonderful.... :/

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Some of us have just been plain busy lately. Tis the season, you know? :D We've had a lot of stuff to do, lots of company the last couple days.

My take on the forum is that everyone brings something to the table, even if it's just questions. The archives are great, but having so many new people join is terrific! New thoughts, new ideas, new takes on an old problem or a new way of doing something. Your suggestion of a SHOP forum topic got the other new ones started. Things will pick up when the holidays are over and the gardening bug hits.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I'm kinda sorry I missed the heyday! ;)

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marianne said:
My take on the forum is that everyone brings something to the table, even if it's just questions. The archives are great, but having so many new people join is terrific! New thoughts, new ideas, new takes on an old problem or a new way of doing something. Your suggestion of a SHOP forum topic got the other new ones started. Things will pick up when the holidays are over and the gardening bug hits.
Yes well, seemed like a place like SS should have a Shop forum. Ones on Livestock and Gardens are naturals, too... surprised they weren't here as forums, in their own right, before.

I hope that the Tool Shed will help to bring more guys here, or get more guys to be active.