Manger Style Hay Feeder

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My mamma always had a saying, "Why do folks gag on a gnat and swallow a mule?" I've always loved that saying! :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I am so going to steal that saying!! :gig

One that everyone's grandma said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." That is the one I follow to a tee, almost.

jessejames

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ah yes beekissed you do have me there
i will say that the lack of punctuation and capitals is a style decision i made years ago that i am trying to break but as i have no formal education i am sometimes at a lose as to how to use punctuation properly
and as i subscribe to the have nothing nice to say or say nothing at all as well as the if i cant do it perfectly why do it all (this is also habit i am trying to break)
my main thought on the whole voila walla thing is that i feel the majority of people using it have no idea that it is actually a word
you will also notice i almost never use compu speak lol etc. 1 because i dont know what half the acronyms mean and 2 beacause it bugs me even more than walla.
i was really just trying to lighten the tone of the post for lupin here but it seems i have caused more controversy and high jacked her post.
so sorry
glad to have you back BK i am always happy to hear your responses
ciao

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOL :p

I used to not like the acronyms like that too. And the smilies kinda irritated me. However, after being on forums for waaaaay too long, it is something that I have adopted. For better or worse. When in Rome and all.

I have to say that I have a hard time reading posts that lack punctuation and sometimes don't bother to read them or skim read them (as best as one can). But I try not to judge people based upon their grammar skills, but more by the content of their posts.

I can also understand why someone might get upset with those who, as the French would say, speak like a Spanish cow (and/or ? American bison ?) But those kinds of things don't usually bother me . . . with the exception of "viola" because that is a distinctly different word. ;)

To each their own.

I just don't like to see people arguing over semantics and other silly things. (Not like I don't do that from time to time).

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Jesse! :D I'm with you on the lightening of the thread....it got a little serious there for a moment. :)

I have a hard time reading the posts that don't use paragraphs to break up the post. When its a solid sheet of writing, it is very hard to follow the subject of each new turn of the story.

Dac is our grammar and spelling king and he isn't even monitoring the forum anymore! What do we pay him all that good money for when he is out mountain climbing with the eagles and hawks? :hu :p :lol:

Oh, Daaaaaa-Aaaaac..........where are youuuuuuuuuuuu? :pop

Latest posts