March this year

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let's face it, we all believe that something as serious as a nationwide Katrina has been going to happen for a long time. Although we have no idea exactly when to expect it, most of us have managed to get as least as prepared as we possibly can in the event that something like that actually does happen. Of course, the real question is how long can we expect life to be completely different? that appears to be the one thing nobody has ever managed to come up with in terms of expectations.

Well, here is April 4. Nothing happened so far. I suppose we want to keep ourselves at least aware of what's going on, but I'm not too sure people anywhere outside this SS community have a clue as to what exactly to do.

But, just like they told us in the Marines "keep your head on a swivel, keep your head and butt down, and keep your powder dry!"
"Not a sermon just an thought"
Trim sends
//BT//

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You betcha. Its not a matter of if.....its when. I'm glad for the warnings. I for one did get a few extra things in shape. Thats a few less things to tackle now.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yup. Times are changing, will be worse before better. I know 'something' is lurking out there. As with all, time will tell.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The cheap gas is just a penny under $4.Annoying,just make it $4 already! Noticed the bills are starting to rise.Just a few dollars more creeping in on each of them.Still getting some good deals on food.So far Aldi's is where I can get the most for less.Been trading eggs for wood.Wood is so expensive!

Was just flipping through stuff and read this about grocery actions....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ing-grid7|hp-laptop|dl8|sec1_lnk2&pLid=149299

Polite bidding,but what happens when people decide to just take it because they are darn hungry???