Materials for the self sufficient?

chicklunatic

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am looking online for a place to order things like beeswax and other ingredients to making your own soaps and lotions. Any suggestions? :hu

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I use my 50% off coupon at Joann's Fabrics and get a block of beeswax there! Sometimes you can order through your local health food store if you have one. I find that if I do this, I get it at the same price or less than ordering it and don't pay the shipping.

The smaller shops get people who order stuff and don't pick it up, so they may be reluctant, in this economy, to special order. So I offer to pay in advance. I get most of my stuff this way. The bigger chains, like Whole Foods, say they will order stuff for you, but I haven't had any success with this with my local one. They say they are ordering it and have yet to actually do so. But others have had success....I think it depends on the manager of the store.

chicklunatic

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks so much...I don't live near anything, so I thought looking online would be best. There is one health food store about two hours from us that I may check out sometime, but for now I will check out the online suggestions! :thumbsup

chicklunatic

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the welcome! I stumbled upon the forums when looking for somewhere to ask questions about my new little chicks! I am enjoying the topics and helpful responses! :frow

partyfowl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have found a LOT of my SS supplies/goods on ebay. I love ebay. You get Ebay buck with each purchase. I earned $22.50 this quarter and bought 2 books, Home cheese making and canning for dummies both brand NEW for FREE!! YIPPY.. I lOVE FREE. And if it is not a "super store" in your state, there is no tax and no wasted gas driving around looking for your goods. I also surprisingly found that amazon has great a deal of things I need (not just books) and offer free shipping.