May I suggest a book that I think you are going to love?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My personal librarian got it for me, along with two others "that I just know you will love!" Gotta love her. She leaves me so much time to play with my projects. It takes me hours to find something at the library, and I get so overwhelmed by all the choices!!! I want them all!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
freemotion said:
My personal librarian got it for me, along with two others "that I just know you will love!" Gotta love her. She leaves me so much time to play with my projects. It takes me hours to find something at the library, and I get so overwhelmed by all the choices!!! I want them all!
I hear ya free! Glad you have an "in".

I'm on my way back to the library today as a matter of fact! :lol: What were those other two gotta have books?

We should have a discussion about the book when everyone gets done reading. :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
freemotion said:

I'm on my way back to the library today as a matter of fact! :lol: What were those other two gotta have books?

Here is what she wrote: "Also have the book "One Magic Square, the easy, organic way to grow your own food on a 3-foot square" by Lolo Houbein and another one that I had not mentioned to you, (which I have had home for the past couple of week, but only got to look at Sunday afternoon) entitled "Back to Basics, Traditional Kittchen Wisdom. Know you will like both of them."

Not everything she gets for me is something I would pick, but I always learn something valuable! A fave was Goat Song.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
big brown horse said:
freemotion said:

Here is what she wrote: "Also have the book "One Magic Square, the easy, organic way to grow your own food on a 3-foot square" by Lolo Houbein and another one that I had not mentioned to you, (which I have had home for the past couple of week, but only got to look at Sunday afternoon) entitled "Back to Basics, Traditional Kittchen Wisdom. Know you will like both of them."

Not everything she gets for me is something I would pick, but I always learn something valuable! A fave was Goat Song.
Hehe, I bought the kitchen wisdom book at Sturbridge yesterday. So far I love it. I got a few others at the library but they're not within reach and I must get some seeds planted.....

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Goat Song sounds lovely!
Novelist (Birds in Fall; Lick Creek) Kessler's account of tending a small herd of milking goats in Vermont captures both the lush, poetic paradise of rural life and the raw, unrelenting drama of dairying.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I checked, and our library has a copy!
Having DH pick it up on his way home.
Loved the reviews on it!

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, BBH. I downloaded Little Heathens to the Kindle app on my iphone and I have been reading little snippets here and there. It's a good read, and lots of great info. I was afraid the pictures wouldn't come through on the Kindle app but they do. :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The book that I got from the library is "jam it, pickle it, cure it and other cooking projects"
It has everything from homemade butter, bacon and jerky, pickles and jams, to mayo and mustard, catsup, etc. There's more than a few things I've been wanting to try!