Mayonnaise?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I tried using a blender, but I think I must have added the oil to quickly. I had a pusher for something else that has holes in the bottom, so used that for adding the oil. Maybe if I tape up one of the holes, it would work. I'll try it again when we get low. Not only did I buy a jar of it, but hubby stopped on his way home-an bought a jar. :he

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use a small mixing bowl and mixer because the blender would keep too much mayo. I googled until I found a recipe that worked for me because I also find it too expensive. I recommend you only make a cup at a time, unless you using a very large amt in a potatoe salad or dip for a party. I made enough for a pint a while back and began using it, but then went a while without using and it started growing....store bought wouldn't have done that, so I figured it was because I don't have crazy preservatives.....now, I only make enough to last about a week. Very frugal.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Do you have a stick blender? If so, try that. I haven't found a recipe that I like yet, but I know that when I tried making it without the stick blender, it didn't work. The stick blender is basically like magic when it comes to emulsions lol.
you sould see what a sonic homogenizer will do! But who has one they are not using laying around? Didn't we cover all this last week under a thred with Mayo in the title?