Meat Rabbit Class

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Make sure they have ventilation as well. Mine are under the overhang behind my barn. I like it when its windy because they have a cool breeze blowing on them. I feed mine the Manna Pro brand. Not sure the percentage but they do well on it. I quit giving them hay because they wasted so much of it and went to the Seminole brand alfalfa/ timothy cubes. I raise NZ and Californians and they love them. Good for thier teeth too.
I dont breed in the summer for alot of reasons.
Males can go "heat sterile" so the die probably wont get pregnant anyway.
Fly strike is a possibility since flies are attracted to the aftebirth and blood from labor.
Momma gets pretty darn hot.
Babies can heat stroke being under al that fur momma pulls.
As stated by @Chic Rustler shade is very important. Rabbits can handle cold weather better than hot and are very susceptable to heat stroke.
Do NOT feed the carrots, lettuce, vegetables high insugar and water. You risk bloat and or diahrea and thsts mot good.
Keep a bunny emergency kit ready. Benebac plus, Critical care, Papaya tablets , Baby Gas X for bloat, to start. You can probably do an internet search on other stuff to keep on hand.
Do your research on rabbit care. Alot if searches will be for pet indoor rabbits but alot of it can help you learn the do's and donts.
Good luck. 🐰

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my rabbit first aid kit consists of ear mite treatment drops for cats. that's the only issue I've had besides heat stroke.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
absolutely nothing and learn a lot by reading along here. :) no reason though as i don't have plans on keeping them, but from what i hear they make perfect worm food. :)
they make perfect everything: pets, food, fertilizer, etc. but they drop like flies in the Texas heat

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my rabbit first aid kit consists of ear mite treatment drops for cats. that's the only issue I've had besides heat stroke.
Im treating one of mine for ear mites right now bit Im using canola oil. Friend of mine uses coconut oil.
I have the Benebac plus, papaya tabs, baby gas x for bloat, and critical care. It came in handy when I had a doe not acting right. She was grinding her teeth and not eating. I threw everything at her and she git better. Still not real sure what was wrong but Im glad she got better.