Memes That Make You Giggle

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221019_145532.jpgScreenshot_20221019_151504.jpg
Screenshot_20221019_113149.jpgScreenshot_20221019_151400.jpgScreenshot_20221019_065402.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Was separating it to use the wax for lotion or chapstick. There's enough to make the chapstick. We'll eat the honey.

Beeswax is perfectly edible as well. I do just eat bites of honeycomb (full of honey). You can buy squares of it for that purpose.

i remember those little wax bottles of colored and flavored sugar water that we would buy as kids (they still make them btw). we would chew on the wax but eventually spit it out.

i thought though that wax would just go through your system and you'd not actually digest it?

beeswax comb is good for chewing on for sure, but after a while no flavor and i'd not swallow it on purpose.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i remember those little wax bottles of colored and flavored sugar water that we would buy as kids (they still make them btw). we would chew on the wax but eventually spit it out.

i thought though that wax would just go through your system and you'd not actually digest it?

beeswax comb is good for chewing on for sure, but after a while no flavor and i'd not swallow it on purpose.

Those bottles were mostly paraffin with a few added things. Same with the wax lips.

Unless you eat a lot of it, beeswax pretty much just passes through. I cut off chunks of comb about 1/2 by 2 inch and that's my serving. That's several bites for me. I usually do swallow when it's rather crumbly.

It's a treat and expensive so I don't indulge too often. Mom likes it, too. We'd get chunks of comb from a relative who had hives when I was a kid.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Dreamz you post some of the cutest and funniest ones.... Love your sense of humor !!!
Oh, thank you. Honey without it, I would be a grumpy old lady. We need to laugh more. I always do crazy stuff to make people laugh and was the same with my students. There are a lot of thing that I have no clue of and at my age, I should know. Like beeswax,lol

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, thank you. Honey without it, I would be a grumpy old lady. We need to laugh more. I always do crazy stuff to make people laugh and was the same with my students. There are a lot of thing that I have no clue of and at my age, I should know. Like beeswax,lol

now you remind me of the phrase "Mind your own beeswax!" which used to be applied but now doesn't seem to apply at all (as in everyone just puts their own beeswax right out there in public...)