Reaction score
Screenshot_20230114_083715.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_094021.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_083537.jpg

Screenshot_20230114_083503.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've seen several posts online of people wanting hens. Not point of lay pullets, but laying ones. But it has to lay a lot of eggs. I don't think I could in good conscience sell to one of them. I respect my chickens too much to subject them to a good possibility of neglect, especially after the person learns you must do some work to care for chickens.

Can tell they aren't actually in it for the chickens as they have done zero research and one admitted they'd find a coop after they got some chickens when asked. But really, expecting fresh layers in January to be for sale.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did you tell them only 1 egg a day, if they feel like laying?? :lol:

Why my girls have gotten to laying fairly decent in winter is beyond me. Maybe they heard about the prices and want to help pay for feed?? Better than the ax. 😁

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have some silkies just starting to lay. Will have a ton of eggs shortly. Granted it takes 3 adult silkie eggs to make 1 large egg.

The large fowl are giving 4 eggs a day. Only 7 hens in there that are between 2 and 4 years so it's pretty good. The old ladies get to be free loaders because they are pets and normally pest control.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol:. Yep! So is 30 goats....soon to kid and become closer to 75. :ep😁

$8.32 for eggs in WM today. Their loaf of white bread was $3.82!!! That stuff was 96 cent last spring...used to buy and feed to chickens as a treat. Not now! AND....Dry cat food ??? Just dry shelves.
My favourite loaf has gone from £1.60 to £1.80 today it jumped up to £2.40

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a hot loaf of white on counter. Putting a loaf of whole wheat in soon. 🙂

Mom made eight small loaves of bread Friday so we have bread for a change. she'd gotten out of the habit and we didn't have freezer or fridge space for them anyways. the loaves are about half the size of her previous regular loaves so that makes it a bit easier to avoid a ton of extra calories.

yesterday she made asparagus and mushroom soup (it also had onions in it - no i don't know why she didn't call it asparagus, mushroom and onion soup) so i had some toast and butter with it. the problem with soup for dinner and a light meal though is that i get hungry later and want to start raiding for more to eat. i ended up with a small potato, some cheese and hot sauce as a snack before bed. which then means i wake up hungry... breakfast then becomes more insistant as my stomach starts wrapping around my spinal column and making eyeballs at anything that might be foodlike... crazy times... oh woe is me... :)

that was just a long ways of saying good morning! :)

hot chocolate and toast (small mug, small toast, no comment though upon how much butter i might use on the toast).

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know that hunger feeling,lol it's not hunger just want to eat something. Sleep is out of wack. Sleep for 2-3 hrs and up searching for something to snack on. So, since I do not eat veggies nor fruits, carbs it is. I might get a Hershey bar with a pepsi or like the other night, 2 slices of cheese with a pepsi and play puzzles until becoming sleepy again.