Only 3 more skillets left to clean

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-153839_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620-153839_Facebook.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 88

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
you didn't!?!? i sure hope you're kiddin' and i suspect you are but i wanna hear it again Sam...
I clean mine like this... :hide oil + heat = oxidation = disease. I don't want to risk that. I'm already prone to atherosclerosis, I don't need to tempt fate by consuming any amount of oxidized oils . 🤐

I had to look at it for a while before I caught the joke. :gig I thought @FarmerJamie had posted in the wrong thread and @flowerbug 's response was referring to sore muscles/chest pain. :gig

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I clean mine like this... :hide oil + heat = oxidation = disease. I don't want to risk that. I'm already prone to atherosclerosis, I don't need to tempt fate by consuming any amount of oxidized oils . 🤐

I had to look at it for a while before I caught the joke. :gig I thought @FarmerJamie had posted in the wrong thread and @flowerbug 's response was referring to sore muscles/chest pain. :gig

The manufacturing process makes almost all commercial vegetable oils rancid before it's done. Then they have to deodorize them. Disolve oil out of source product with hexane. Heat hexane oil mixture on high for long enough to evaporate out all the hexane. Deodorize the oil.

My cast iron doesn't have much of a build up because I always deglaze the pan, then wipe clean. I treat my non-stick pan the same way as it doubles the lifespan of the pan for me.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The manufacturing process makes almost all commercial vegetable oils rancid before it's done. Then they have to deodorize them. Disolve oil out of source product with hexane. Heat hexane oil mixture on high for long enough to evaporate out all the hexane. Deodorize the oil.
horrible stuff, it's no wonder why chronic disease is rampant in industrialized regions. :(