Reaction score
Screenshot_20230106_093550.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_092522.jpg

Screenshot_20230105_223320.jpg

Screenshot_20230105_223120.jpg

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:old:old:ep:lol::lol::gig:gig:th:th Boy does that make me feel old... Do many of you remember the ones with the glass doors that did the folding thing and when you shut them with you inside the light automatically came on????
I still have a rotary dial phone that was my GRANDFATHER'S from when he worked for the phone company .... he's been gone now 15 years at least... with the 4 prong plug, to plug into the wall.....
I remember pay phones in EVERY town, the rotarty dial and I still have a crank phone that I need to take fishing.lol
It's been a long time since we've received a telephone book. But I sure recall using them.
I still use them if I stay in a hotel. Even staying in a camper we used to visit someone in a hotel and grab the yellow pages to find out what was in town and what was close soon after getting to a new job. It's still "MY" preferred method of google.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I must be real calm. I have absolutely zero interest in climbing a mountain in a foreign country, covered with ice and snow, that wants to kill me. :lol:

i don't think it wants to do anything of the sort.

and you missed out on paying 40-80 thousand for the experience.

when i was into my "Everest" phase of reading/watching movies all i could think of was that it was beautiful but i'm not into being cold and miserable to that extent. here is fine enough for that. no need to go to those extremes for sure...