Memes That Make You Giggle

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231113_173902_Gallery.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use large bottles of it when I'm making jerky. That and soy sauce. Otherwise with regular cooking it takes me about 2 years to go through one. I have fish sauce also that gets used in some things instead.

wooster sauce is a fish sauce but many don't think of it as that.

we used to use a lot of it when making chex mix. which is a funny coincidence that Mom just recently mentioned making some because we've not had homemade chex mix in many years. we'll see if she does it once she sees the price of cereal...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wooster sauce is a fish sauce but many don't think of it as that.

we used to use a lot of it when making chex mix. which is a funny coincidence that Mom just recently mentioned making some because we've not had homemade chex mix in many years. we'll see if she does it once she sees the price of cereal...

It was developed from the garum that the romans brought. Fish sauces add umami and flavor depth.

I use ground dried anchovies in certain things. Canned anchovies are best for salad dressing and bread dips. Never leaves any fishy flavor.

Some bonito flakes make a nice broth base on soups. That is if the cats don't throw a fit that they need to eat them. Do not buy bonito that's sold for cats. Just get the "human" stuff. It's the same stuff. Cat stuff tends to be the leftovers that are broken small. Human is Much cheaper. Get from asian store or off Amazon.

Latest posts