Michele_Lynd a step at a time : what's up this week

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
got in the mail today a book The Self Sufficient Life And How to Live It can't wait to read it , going to my SIL to can pickles and cauilflower tonight. 4-H fair is over with, kids did well . DS came in 6th with featherleg class with his silkie roo Youngest DD got res champ with her runner duck ,next to younest DD got beginner showman champ garden is poducing cucmbers ,zucinnie, melons, tomatos, and peppers, pumpkins are growing like crazy things are going ok here and I'm enjoying the season

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I don't think I've said Howdy yet... so "Howdy!" Bet the kids had fun at the fair. Have you gardened for awhile or just getting started?

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
mlynd said:
got in the mail today a book The Self Sufficient Life And How to Live It
I have that book... I really like it... it's a great overview of most everything you can think of.

Your garden sounds great! At the rate my vining plants (melons, pumpkins, cukes and zuchini) are growing I'll get some veggies NEXT summer :)

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy back at ya all, yes the kids had a blast we have been active in 4-h for 9 yrs and we have showen chickens for 8yrs I've been gardening off and on for about 5 yrs LOL have good yrs and bad but I keep trying to get it right;) hwillm I've had trouble like that hope it gets better

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well to night we are canning again this time we are makeing tomato juice and zucinne bread yummmmmm

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Canning totals as of tonight is 20 jars of tomato juice ,16 jars of salsa, 4 jars of pickled cauilfower , 8 jars of pickles , 5 jars of watermelon jelly , 5 jars of strawberriy jam and 2 jars of mulberriy jam. more to do tomarrow and apples are comeing on so thinking of spiced apples and apple butter :drool DS just got back from the east coast ( Delaware ) he had a good time with the familiy there glad he got out before the weather hit:ep

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Apple butter......yuuuuuummmmm!

I think I might try canning next year....haven't got a garden this year so it'll have to wait.

Have you seen the apple cake recipe I posted? I tried it the first time with raisins and I just did it again with cranberries this time and it was waay better! Cake for breakfast......you should give it a try! :D

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well this morning we took the our little boat out to see if it leaked GOOD NEWS it don't so tonight hubby and I will be on the lake fishing. today thou is canning canning canning:D