Milk not curdling- I think it's GMO related

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blaundee said:
I am NOT trying to start anything here, no bashing or flaming or name calling PLEASE- i just want to let everyone know our experiences and see if anyone else out there has noticed this.
Isn't it sad that I had to include the first part, yet nobody listens to it...

I am allowed to have my own opinion, believe it or not. I never said it couldn't be the molasses, but since you ask, the reason I am not factoring it in is because SIL doesnt give her goats grain with molasses. I don't know of other grains being widespread GMO so far, which is why I think it's the corn- it's the only common factor I can see. I asked if anyone else has noticed things like this, not for a bunch of "GMO isn't bad" LOL It's a fact that GMO is bad, and it's a fact that almost all feed corn is GMO- I have no reason to think that the brand we use in not GMO, especially since the guy who owns the place had "no idea", which is why we are switching to plain oats.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Blaundee said:
Blaundee said:
I am NOT trying to start anything here, no bashing or flaming or name calling PLEASE- i just want to let everyone know our experiences and see if anyone else out there has noticed this.

I am allowed to have my own opinion, believe it or not. I never said it couldn't be the molasses, but since you ask, the reason I am not factoring it in is because SIL doesnt give her goats grain with molasses. I don't know of other grains being widespread GMO so far, which is why I think it's the corn- it's the only common factor I can see. I asked if anyone else has noticed things like this, not for a bunch of "GMO isn't bad" LOL It's a fact that GMO is bad, and it's a fact that almost all feed corn is GMO- I have no reason to think that the brand we use in not GMO, especially since the guy who owns the place had "no idea", which is why we are switching to plain oats.
I listen to you. I join you in the minority that believes GMO to be a bad thing. I would love to have the room to plant corn to feed my chickens. Don't look now, but Monsanto got the green light to market their GMO alfalfa. What goes into all feed pellets? :he

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
baymule said:
Blaundee said:
Blaundee said:

I listen to you. I join you in the minority that believes GMO to be a bad thing. I would love to have the room to plant corn to feed my chickens. Don't look now, but Monsanto got the green light to market their GMO alfalfa. What goes into all feed pellets? :he
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Wow. What will I be able to feed the animals? We feed them ALL alfalfa, from the horses to the goats & sheep to even a little bit for the chickens! Then we put the manure on the gardens. I guess we will have to go to feeding homegrown corn fodder sooner than we'd planned :( I'm worried about the protein and calcium requirements, though...... hmmm.

Latest posts