Missouri anyone???

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we have some cousins and an Auntie outside of Springfield. The Seymour / Mansfield area. Is anyone near there? Have you been there? Give me your thoughts of the area good and bad.

Thanks g

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I live in north central Arkansas, but I travel to the Springfield area a few times a year. Until recently, I had relatives (an aunt and cousins, also) in the Mansfield area. It is a nice area. We had even considered moving there when we were relocating to the Ozarks.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
West Central region represented here.

I guess there are not too many from Missouri ... or else they are hiding!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You talking to me Dace? If I could I would buy some land in Mo. I have my eye on a 38 acre piece of land with a big winterized metal building on it and a pond. I am thinking about getting a part time job and buying it.

Our vacation this year was either Mo. or Yellowstone. Obviously we chose Yellowstone. Next year though for sure we plan a road trip to check out the area.

I have always wanted to go to Co. But dh thinks we should live near family. I have never been there though and really need to see the place.
So here we stay for now. :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks farm, you would be a great neighbor to have. Where abouts in Mo are you If you don't mind me asking?? I have a ton of questions about the state, growing seasons, native plants and what fruit trees do well.

I imagine I could find these things on line. :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow Tank...how much is the 38 acres?
Taking on a part time job to make the purchase is a great idea!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace,
Land there runs the gamut. They have big beautiful homes on lg acreages for 3 to 4 hundred thousand dollars. But I look for stuff under 250,000. I actually go to the craigslist , Springfield and look under real estate. I also love to browse the United Country web site. I just type in the city my dh aunt lives in and a couple of the neighboring towns. I have spent many YEARS drooling over country lands.

I want to down size and after seeing some of the log homes on vacation last week I would love one with a big porch. It's hard though, I don't know much about Mo. Like I was telling Free, I have a lot to learn about the area. Are log homes good in the humidity. From experience I know purchasing a home with out buildings, barn, pond and established fencing would be easier.

One can dream!!!

Latest posts