Moolie - Happy Thanksgiving :)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aw thanks everyone! :)

We really enjoyed the extra soup that didn't get canned so I know we will love having those easy lunches.

Last time I made lots of soup it was different choices so it's good to have variety.

Starting to really get organized for the upcoming garden season--off to the nursery today to get a few packets of seeds to supplement what I had leftover from last year/what we saved from last year.

I took a few cuttings from my tomato plants last fall to root but they didn't make it. They never rooted while I had them in water and got all slimy, so I did something wrong there--which is weird because I've rooted them before. I may have cut them too late, as we were already into night frosts, but they were in the hoophouse so totally protected. I'll try again next fall.

Looking forward to starting some seeds indoors in a couple of weeks!:weee

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Made Grapefruit Marmalade last week, well actually multi-citrus with 4 large Grapefruits, 4 small navel oranges, and 1 Meyer lemon:

marm1.jpg

marm2.jpg

marm3.jpg

marm4.jpg

marm5.jpg

marm6.jpg

marm7.jpg

marm8.jpg

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had a busy day yesterday...

Made extra waffles at breakfast to freeze for easy breakfasts:

waffles1.jpg

waffles2.jpg

Baked Applesauce Loaf and Banana Bread:

loaf1.jpg

loaf2.jpg

Baked two cakes, one for V-day dessert and one to freeze for another time (because I couldn't make up my mind which kind to bake :rolleyes:) Chocolate and White:

cake1.jpg

cake2.jpg

cake3.jpg

And I made a special dinner, everyone's favourite--a dish called Rouladen which is thinly sliced round steak spread with mustard and rolled up around a dill pickle spear and baked with onions on top (we add extra pickles) this photo is pre-onions, I rolled up the rouladen and popped them into the fridge to marinate for a few hours before baking:

dinner1.jpg

dinner2.jpg

dinner3.jpg

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
That looks wonderful! I've never peeled a grapefruit top to bottom like that!!!!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Wowie! I wish I had your skills in the kitchen! I just don't enjoy being in the kitchen... :rolleyes:
So I have to ask... what is Borscht?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moolie will you adopt me?! :D That looks delicious...ALL of it!!!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
That looks wonderful! I've never peeled a grapefruit top to bottom like that!!!!!
Thanks! I do it that way because when I first made marmalade that was how the instructions said to do it.

hqueen13 said:
Wowie! I wish I had your skills in the kitchen! I just don't enjoy being in the kitchen... :rolleyes:
So I have to ask... what is Borscht?
Borscht is an eastern European cabbage and beet vegetable soup, made from a ham or beef stock in my family but there are millions of variations. I like mine with lots of potatoes :)