More subdivision - Meat for the Homestead or any other Ideas!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Besides pic requests...I'd like to see a bit more subdivision...for lack of another term:

Meat for the Homestead/or some title like that...meat rabbits and other meats. I plan on deer hunting here and really surprised my other half! :D

Anyone else....?

Just my ideas since being back!

Dawn

P.S. Lady Heneviere, I love your home made candle!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Dawn, I moved your post into a new topic so it can be discussed without diversion. :)

I think it is an interesting idea and the SS forum is due for some category / section updates.

So everyone, post any suggestions on updates, moves, splits, merges, etc. here!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd like to see some sort of category for animals since so many people have chickens, goats, sheep, cows and turkeys for meat and other purposes.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think a Sustainable Livestock section and a Sustainable Gardening is what we need. Even though we have the sister sites SS'ers take it differently than the others. ANd what is appreciated one site is not necessarily appreciated on another site.

Dawn, did you have a question on meat animals?

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi BarredBuff,

No question at this time but we're going to be getting back into meat rabbits in the near future and I know I'll have some then!

Thanks!

Dawn

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Hi BarredBuff,

No question at this time but we're going to be getting back into meat rabbits in the near future and I know I'll have some then!

Thanks!

Dawn
Im getting ready to start them as well. My first time.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We should have a butchering wild game section for the hunters/fishers on here. Note I did NOT say fisherMEN, because all of us...aint men :p I would love a spot to learn about butchering wild game with real pictures of wild game. All of my books are drawings :rolleyes: and not very good ones at that. COLOR would be nice, not every organ is blood red, or shaped the exact same on every animal. Distinguishing charachteristics are difficult to spot on a drawing, and frustrate me to know end...just sayin ;) Pics would be nice.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I think a Sustainable Livestock section and a Sustainable Gardening is what we need. Even though we have the sister sites SS'ers take it differently than the others. ANd what is appreciated one site is not necessarily appreciated on another site.
Ain't that the truth. It would also be neat to see a section on wild edibles. We have so many people that forage for and eat wild edibles that it could be really educational. I know what many of the wild edibles are in this area, but don't really know what to do w/them, and I'm sure others have the same problem.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
BarredBuff said:
Ain't that the truth. It would also be neat to see a section on wild edibles. We have so many people that forage for and eat wild edibles that it could be really educational. I know what many of the wild edibles are in this area, but don't really know what to do w/them, and I'm sure others have the same problem.
Thats an excellent idea as well!

WhiteMountainsRanch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I think a Sustainable Livestock section and a Sustainable Gardening is what we need. Even though we have the sister sites SS'ers take it differently than the others. And what is appreciated one site is not necessarily appreciated on another site.

I agree, not elaborate, just space to put garden and livestock stuff. I was REALLY surprised when I joined that this site didn't have those. Those are central to self sufficiency!