More subdivision - Meat for the Homestead or any other Ideas!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
How about a section for beekeepers and newbie beekeepers? (I don't know if that was already said or not, I don't have time to read all these posts, so sorry.)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I know what you are saying with the multiple page thing and finding what you need. It almost seems like we need to have something like BYC's coop page with different topics that are organized on one page so that if someone needs to see how to do something they can just go to that menu and then click on a topic that has been reviewed by a mediator and locked for comments. Different topics can be submitted and reviewed by a mediator and then posted permanently. If someone has something to add or amend then it can be addressed and reviewed/resubmitted in the new form back on the topic page. Make sense?

You could have a list of topics with pictures/diagrams/video links that could include all of what we wanted like the coop page. You could do a menu that had a heading for Butchering and then we could have people submit instructions to be posted permanently for each different animal. It could look like this:

Butchering
*chicken
*pig
*cow
*deer
*duck
*goose
*rabbit
*quail
*goat
*turkey
*sheep

Then do it for other topics as well....

Basic Beginner Animal Husbandry
*chickens
*turkeys
*goats
*cows
*pigs
*waterfowl
*rabbits
*horses/donkeys
*llamas/alpacas
*bees
*sheep

Beginner Gardening
*soil basics
*seed sources
*fertilizing
*fruit
*container/raised bed gardening
*aquaponics
*vegetables
*herbs

Energy Basics
*solar
*wind
*homemade

Construction Basics
*animal housing
*basic plumbing
*basic electrical
*basic construction

Kitchen Basics
*how to can
*how to dehydrate
*how to freeze

That would be a massive undertaking but it would be helpful to have a page of basics for beginners and then if it needed to be expanded on someone could comment about it in the forums. Don't kill me either Nifty :hide

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I know what you are saying with the multiple page thing and finding what you need. It almost seems like we need to have something like BYC's coop page with different topics that are organized on one page so that if someone needs to see how to do something they can just go to that menu and then click on a topic that has been reviewed by a mediator and locked for comments. Different topics can be submitted and reviewed by a mediator and then posted permanently. If someone has something to add or amend then it can be addressed and reviewed/resubmitted in the new form back on the topic page. Make sense?

You could have a list of topics with pictures/diagrams/video links that could include all of what we wanted like the coop page. You could do a menu that had a heading for Butchering and then we could have people submit instructions to be posted permanently for each different animal. It could look like this:

Butchering
*chicken
*pig
*cow
*deer
*duck
*goose
*rabbit
*quail
*goat
*turkey
*sheep

Then do it for other topics as well....

Basic Beginner Animal Husbandry
*chickens
*turkeys
*goats
*cows
*pigs
*waterfowl
*rabbits
*horses/donkeys
*llamas/alpacas
*bees
*sheep

Beginner Gardening
*soil basics
*seed sources
*fertilizing
*fruit
*container/raised bed gardening
*aquaponics
*vegetables
*herbs

Energy Basics
*solar
*wind
*homemade

Construction Basics
*animal housing
*basic plumbing
*basic electrical
*basic construction

Kitchen Basics
*how to can
*how to dehydrate
*how to freeze

That would be a massive undertaking but it would be helpful to have a page of basics for beginners and then if it needed to be expanded on someone could comment about it in the forums. Don't kill me either Nifty :hide
I love this idea...Nifty, what do ya think? Is it possible???