More than 3 million without power.

shaner

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Oh, the beginning of the Derecho that ripped through here and out into the ocean.
That was one nasty storm!
yepper that be the one

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
shaner said:
hqueen13 said:
Oh, the beginning of the Derecho that ripped through here and out into the ocean.
That was one nasty storm!
yepper that be the one
I didn't realize that it started that far west.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yeah, Deb, the news article I saw said Chicago. It caught everyone off guard because there was no cold air for the hot air to interact with to produce the extreme storms that it did. Apparently its a phenomenon called a Derecho. I have to wonder what my grandfather who was a meteorologist would have said...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Must have missed that article. I had seen something about it coming up from the south. I hope we don't get anything else like it for a loooooong time.

shaner

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Yeah, Deb, the news article I saw said Chicago. It caught everyone off guard because there was no cold air for the hot air to interact with to produce the extreme storms that it did. Apparently its a phenomenon called a Derecho. I have to wonder what my grandfather who was a meteorologist would have said...
thats what happen they said it moved from chicago thru ohio in around 4hrs! it wasnt even forcast till maybe 30 mins to an hour before it hit here in central ohio , iam 50 miles north of columbus so it came thru in a hurry