Mosquito..be gone...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have mosquito control which comes around and poisons everything and everyone. :( i'd rather get bit. they even fly planes over the local woodland park that has some wet areas at times and drop granules from the planes to kill mosquito larvae.

mosquitoes are a part of the food chain.

for me i don't go out that often when the mosquitoes are out and i'm well covered up so i don't usually get bit that often. if i were out in the early morning or at dusk there are more mosquitoes out then.

in the heat of the summer i tend to work a few shifts in a day so i can siesta around noon for a few hours.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a wife and 5 kids and here the mosquitos don't care what time of day or night it is. If you go outaide they swarm. It's not uncommon for a lid to come inside crying and welted and yelling about how terrible the mosquitos are.

Yes, I want to be safe and support my local wildlife. I spend a lot of time annually leading volunteer crews and educating people on our ecosystem, but even I have a limit. I'm trying to plant good stuff and spread good prairie grass and wildflower seed, but we'll see if that's enough.

When the dragonflies swarm it's a beautiful thing :)

in the future i hope they'll be able to innoculate the mosquito population so it doesn't spread dangerous diseases (same with bats of course), but we're not quite there yet in our knowledge and efforts. likely we'll be able to come up with some other things to prevent them from biting humans too, but that will be more difficult. i don't think eradication is the wise answer.