Most expensive dinner and

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mount Fuji Japanese restaurant in ny, sushi for four,super fresh, awesome....$200. plus.That was in better times, haven't had a treat like in some time now...

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Used to be a place down in Daytona Beach called Sweetwaters. They had THE BEST coconut shrimp, T-bones and lobster tail I have ever tasted. Every meal the wife I ate there came to to over 100.00 not including tips.

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Two meals come to mind.

One was brunch at the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado Springs, CO. A 5-star resort hotel, the buffet tables stretched through an entire ballroom, featuring a chocolate fountain for your fresh fruit, omelettes made to order, elk and antelope sausage, fruit juices from fruits I wouldn't know on sight (guava juice, for example), etc. It was a birthday treat for me from a friend, I wasn't even allowed to see the bill, but the two off us cost more than $100.

The other was dinner at the Craftwood Inn in Manitou Springs, CO. The appetizer was buffallo sausage quesadillas, my entree was Red Boar and Ostrich with a salad of greens I did not recognize (but loved) and sides of sweet yellow tomatoes and mashed potatoes molded in the shape of a pear and rolled in an oyster breading. The food is incredible, and the service can't be beaten. The wait staff is practically invisible, you look down to butter your bread and when you look up your water is refilled. That sort of thing. The dessert was a hand-rolled bittersweet chocolate torte with whipped cream. I'm drooling just thinking about it. That ended up being almost $200 for our table of two.

Both were totally worth it. The food was incredible, the "entertainment" value of having such nice surroundings and service, and the time savings of not having to prepare it and clean up after it added up.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
$15 steak at the roadhouse or $15 average costfor a good indian meal is mine, and yes i enjoy every morsel of those meals.
now though i onlyeat about 1/2 of what i could so its onl about $7.50 a meal even at my "expensive' places

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I've had a couple of really fancy meals, paid for by my past employers. The first was a filet mignon at a local fancy restaurant (delicious, BTW). We also had a business trip to Denver and we ate at a couple fancy restaurants while there.

The "fanciest" dinners I've paid for myself weren't all that fancy.....all you can eat (blue) crab dinners. Delicious. About $20-25 per person and worth every penny!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We ate at a local restaurant called Ty's and Tails, they use as many local ingredients as possible and it was HEAVENLY.

We split Thai Spring Rolls for an appetizer, I had rack of lamb (cooked rare and it melted in my mouth... the lambs are raised in the pasture behind the restaurant), hubby had seafood pot pie that was amazing... we each had Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert and tea and coffee... our meal came to about $120 including tip. It was a big dinner for hubby's aunt, she was celebrating her 80th birthday.

We usually go out for breakfast because we can't afford big dinners out, but you can head to a diner and get a $2.99 breakfast and it's still a meal I don't have to cook myself. While I love cooking, it's really nice to not have to do anything :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that brought to mind a restaurant in Connecticut we ate one time.

it was on the farm AND VERY expensive.

it was all raised and the meat was fab (and to boot they thru in a horse drawn carriage ride before dinner)

very homey.....wish more places like that were around me now, but being 'very country' no one would pay. In Connecticut near Hartford it was a novelty and people paid the high price for that experience. You had to book WAY in advance. hmmm....there you go all you SSers who are in the more populated areas. great idea to make a ton of money! :)