Movie/documentary suggestions for brainwashing needed!

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
Michael Pollan is another really good source. i would LOVE to see a movie version of his Omnivore's Dilemma.
This is about as close as it gets. Actually stars several of the featured folks in Pollan's book.

:)

And King Corn is very good. Fun in a hokey sort of way, not nearly as slick as some of the others, but very endearing for that reason. Very unpretentious.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
This is a great thread!!!

I am always looking for this type of documentary/movie also, and for the same reason ;)

I am just trying to get the ones I love to eat better, be healthier and leave this planet in a way that future generations will be able to do the same!

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Buster said:
This is about as close as it gets. Actually stars several of the featured folks in Pollan's book.

:)
Some one mentioned "fresh" above.. I watched the trailer and liked it.!

I also am very aware of the Growing Power project highlighted in the trailer. Real cool impact they have made in Milwaukee WI.. Anyone interested should google Growing Power and see what it is all about.

ON

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
We should have a booklist also. :)
Wished I had time for books.. I used to enjoy reading. Having two young boys makes it hard to concentrate on reading. (I can not help but fall asleep when the kids do... (Too much fresh air and hard work...;))

Some day again..

ON

peachykeen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just watched something on the documentary channel the other day, I wish I could remember the name... it was like Food Inc but more centered around GM food and its issues. In Canada and the U.S, GM foods do not need to be marked, in fact it would nearly be impossible to do so as it would bankrupt the system. As it is, farmers cannot 100% ever be able to say if there food is non-GM because they can be pollenated with GM corn, I mean thats really scary, one field can be organic regular ol corn and the next field over can be poison GM food and the GM food will easily contaminate fields all around it. Will it completely take over all crops? All hobby gardens? Will it permeate our entire food chain and cause the rapid depopulation of humans? The problem is that, I am not crazy- this will negatively effect all of humanity if we don't put a stop to this GM crap. We need to start a movement, we need to raise a giant fuss. We are being poisoned. It is as simple as that.

PLEASE READ THESE IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT GM FOOD! PASS THEM AROUND TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/128949.html Chickens not fooled by GM food

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-...ngers-of-genetically-modified-food-confirmed/ Several recent studies confirm fears that genetically modified (GM) foods damage human health.

http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotech/pusztai.html GM study findings

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
peachykeen said:
I just watched something on the documentary channel the other day, I wish I could remember the name... it was like Food Inc but more centered around GM food and its issues.
Two that come to mind about GM are Fed Up and The Future of Food.

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Michael Pollan is another really good source. i would LOVE to see a movie version of his Omnivore's Dilemma.
Ugh, I would NOT! That movie would be longer than all the Lord of the Rings movies put together! I know MP has some good info in his books, but gee whiz, the guy needs to learn how to cut the verbal fat.

Some movies we have watched and enjoyed:

Fast Food Nation
McLibel
Wal Mart - The High Cost of Low Prices