Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrat's on your upcoming move! :hugs

I am also looking forward to following along on your journey!:D

MuranoFarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Congratulations! You're going to have so much fun!!!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congratulations and enjoy your new place!
btw Is that a ball diamond on the back of your place?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
k15n1 said:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/2611_house.png
There was a discussion a while back on how much land is needed per person to be SS. Does anyone remember the number that we came up with? Someone at the office was saying 5 acres/person.
I seem to remember a figure of 10 acres quoted as being needed to accomplish a satisfactory level fo self-sufficiency because on several occasions I remember refusing to buy property that was less than 10 acres. I didn't like something about them as it was so the short number of acres helped me decide "not to buy" I now live on a farm of about 40 acres and that seems to be just about right. It needs a lot more grooming and organization, but I am pleased with that size and I seem to be able to manage that much.
Hope your adventure into Self-sufficiency is a pleasurable and successful one. We here are waiting to hear how you are doing.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hoosier said:
Congratulations and enjoy your new place!
btw Is that a ball diamond on the back of your place?
I wondered about that, too. But no, it's corn. I think it's early in the season, too. The previous owner rented out the back for about 100 $/acre. He didn't have the equipment to mow/plant/till such a large area.