Muck Brand Chore Boots

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never owned a official pair of muck brand boots before, that I can remember. But I've heard a lot of good things about them. I have grown tired of rubber boots that crack and leak and are basically not worth purchasing. So being my wife's husband, when I saw these on clearance for $90.00. I decided to grab a pair and try them out.

The boots fit nice and snug, I'm a size US 10. I just fed the animals and it's nothing but mud out there with all the rain we had today. Still though I felt sturdy in deep mud/muck with no leaks. The steel toes give me added confidence about having my foot stepped on by a cow or something. After feeding the animals, I found a puddle to clean them off. When I took them off the boots were clean and my socks were dry, this is the way boots are supposed to work. So far so good (first time use). I would rate these boots very good and comfortable, so a thumbs up 👍. Plus for $90.00 (regular price $154.95), I don't think I got racked over the coals either, so double thumbs up 👍 👍

Rural King has them on sale on-line locally for $99.95 (one of those add to cart to see the price things 🙄). These might be worth considering, if you are looking for good chore boots.

In all truthfulness... they could have been pink and I still would have bought them anyways for $90.00 😂

IMG_20220217_175741623~2.jpg

I posted in the tool shed because chore boots to me are considered a tool.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like the fit of mid height Bog brand better on me, but Muck are good boots. I had a pair of Mucks long ago and did wear them out. I have narrow feet so my feet always move and cause the wear. Still got 2 years out of them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like the fit of mid height Bog brand better on me, but Muck are good boots. I had a pair of Mucks long ago and did wear them out. I have narrow feet so my feet always move and cause the wear. Still got 2 years out of them.
Well that's encouraging, 2 years 👍. I'll most likely wear these most of the time around the farm, except when we go out somewhere. I dislike loose fitting boots for the reason you mentioned, plus I feel less stable in them. These are a nice snug fit, which is nice.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After a bunch of research I just bought a pair of muck boots for the first time (we usually get whatever is at the charity clothing store).

Turns out Muck has a bunch of different lines/kinds of boots...

I picked their boot with the special sole made for walking on ice.

So far so good. They do have excellent traction.

I have boots, icebugs, with studs/cleats in the sole ... but those are only good if the ice is soft enough for the studs to stab into the ice. On super cold hard ice you just ice skate.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Muck boots are nice in many ways. Keep your feet plenty warm in the winter and good and dry. The problem with them is that after about a year of consistently wearing them, they will crack in the back where the softer tops meet the hard rubber part. Unfortunately for me I can no longer wear mine because with the ankle replacement, the left ankle doesn't bend enough and once I get them on, with major difficulty, it is nearly impossible for me to get them off. I have missed the warmth and waterproof aspects of them. Also, they don't work as well for someone that has very big calves in their legs since they are more form fitting. I still really like them.
They are hotter than all get out in the summer time though....

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guess I am an old fashioned I just wear my cowboy boots year round , in the rain , snow , mud , and animal poop .
After standing in cow slurry in my cowboy boots.... while learning to AI cattle... and feeling that liquid poo ooze in through the stitching that holds the sole to the leather..

I can still, after all these years, vividly remember it oozing its way in ... getting to the edge of my sock... then the sock wicking the poo to a large area of my foot...

I cleaned those boots up... used a bunch of fancy waterproof seam seeler stuff...

Gotta tell ya... cowboy boots are for DRY.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have wanted a pair of Mucks for quite some time, but could not bring myself to pay such a hefty price. I’m done with the cheap, don’t last a season rubber boots. I alternate between pull on, and easy to kick off, leather work boots and lace up work boots. I got a feeling that when I find my farm, I’m gonna suck it up and buy some Mucks.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have wanted a pair of Mucks for quite some time, but could not bring myself to pay such a hefty price. I’m done with the cheap, don’t last a season rubber boots. I alternate between pull on, and easy to kick off, leather work boots and lace up work boots. I got a feeling that when I find my farm, I’m gonna suck it up and buy some Mucks.
They are good Bay, I've been wearing them every since I bought them.